Python-APT API break

Hi everyone,

a bit more than a year ago, we started the transition of python-apt API
by including the new one while still providing the old one for the
transition. I have done a mass bug filing, and most packages are fixed
now[1] (and yes, one of the unfixed packages is maintained by me, but
it's not that important, and was never in stable, and will be updated
soon).

In this bug filing we announced that we would stop supporting the old
API after the squeeze release. Now, after giving some extra time, we
want to make that change and disable the old API, to detect further
breakage and get it fixed (better now than later in the release cycle).

Thus, we'd like to hear the release teams opinion on when we should
disable the API, in case there are ongoing transitions where such a
change would not help.

[1]
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=deity@lists.debian.org;tag=python-apt-0-8-api

PS. Don't forget to CC deity@l.d.o in your replies.
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.