Re: recommending verbose build logs

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 11:37:46AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 09:47:49AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > I think this should be handled by -policy.
> And the buildd people, which should be able to handle logs which get
> big with not only printing "Compiling xyz"...

This will be solved as soon as we switch to compressed log shipping (which
sbuild supports nowadays, and I think the log handler also supports it).  For
OOo it's indeed still a problem for the security team because mails get
rejected at some members' mail servers because they're too large.  (100M vs. 5M
compressed, which is sad.)

It'd currently depend on the buildd admin coping with it for signing,
so we could enable it on a buildd-by-buildd basis.

At least that shouldn't stop us wrt verbose logs.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern