Severity for KDE3 / Qt3 removal reminder bugs

Julien Cristau wrote:

> Care to elaborate?

As I understand it:

The Qt 3 part is a red herring.  Bugs blocking removal of Qt 3 really
should _not_ be release critical as long as there is someone willing
to maintain Qt 3 itself.  I'm not aware of an RFA, so...

As for the KDE 3 part: to avoid user confusion and maintenance hassle,
including KDE 3 in wheezy (at least unless someone else comes in and
shows interest and competence at maintaining the beast) is not
something the KDE maintainers consider an option.  So packages which
only work with KDE 3 need to be removed or ported to KDE 4.

Those packages are mostly being removed already.  As long as it gets
taken care of quickly, I don't personally mind.  And some people at
#debian-qt-kde seemed to mind my meddling a lot.

The status of KDE 3 removal is being tracked at

 http://wiki.debian.org/kdelibs4c2aRemoval

and

 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org;tag=kde3libs-removal

I didn't get a clear answer about what the preferred severity is for
these bugs on IRC, so my reaction is to step away quietly...  But
given clear answers, I'd be glad to clean up my mess.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan