Abnormal memory usage of dom0 under Squeeze leading to crash

Hi,

We normally run Lenny dom0 with 384 MB of RAM in our production server.
But as we did few trials with Squeeze, I had the very bad finding that a
Squeeze dom0 requires at least 1024 MB of RAM. As soon as I do something
like "xm mem-set Domain-0 800", my server crashes: OOM starts killing
processes, starting with sshd, then mdadm and so on, then the server
reboots by itself. This enormous amount of RAM isn't normal at all, and
I am wondering what is happening.

If I sort processes by memory usage using top, what I can see is 2 xend
processes taking 1.0 and 1.5% of the RAM (out of 1024 MB). This doesn't
seem to be so much, and I don't understand. My server really shouldn't
behave like this! (we even used to run dom0 with 192 MB of RAM back when
we were using Xen 2.0.7 and sarge...) My concern isn't even the waste of
RAM, but a danger for the stability of the system. It just doesn't feel
right!

I have attached the output of dpkg -l, and my setup script is available
here:

wget
"http://git.gplhost.com/gitweb/?p=mgmt-scripts.git;a=blob_plain;f=scripts/dom0-postinstall-squeeze;hb=2c869ce9d729d80a687f1fbdbf0081e140152b44";
-O dom0-postinstall-squeeze

With both of the above, it's going to be easy to reproduce. As Squeeze
is said to be out in 3 days, it would be great to find out what's going
on and fix asap.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? I just don't get it...

Thomas Goirand (zigo)
||/ Name                                    Version                     Description
+++-=======================================-===========================-======================================================================
ii  acpi                                    1.5-2                       displays information on ACPI devices
ii  acpi-support-base                       0.137-5                     scripts for handling base ACPI events such as the power button
ii  acpid                                   1:2.0.7-1                   Advanced Configuration and Power Interface event daemon
ii  adduser                                 3.112+nmu2                  add and remove users and groups
ii  apt                                     0.8.10.3                    Advanced front-end for dpkg
ii  apt-utils                               0.8.10.3                    APT utility programs
ii  aptitude                                0.6.3-3.2                   terminal-based package manager (terminal interface only)
ii  base-files                              6.0                         Debian base system miscellaneous files
ii  base-passwd                             3.5.22                      Debian base system master password and group files
ii  bash                                    4.1-3                       The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  bcc                                     0.16.17-3.1                 16-bit x86 C compiler
ii  bin86                                   0.16.17-3.1                 16-bit x86 assembler and loader
ii  bind9utils                              1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         Utilities for BIND
ii  binutils                                2.20.1-16                   The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities
ii  bridge-utils                            1.4-5                       Utilities for configuring the Linux Ethernet bridge
ii  bsdmainutils                            8.0.13                      collection of more utilities from FreeBSD
ii  bsdutils                                1:2.17.2-9                  Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite
ii  busybox                                 1:1.17.1-8                  Tiny utilities for small and embedded systems
ii  bzip2                                   1.0.5-6                     high-quality block-sorting file compressor - utilities
ii  ca-certificates                         20090814+nmu2               Common CA certificates
ii  console-setup                           1.68                        console font and keymap setup program
ii  console-terminus                        4.30-2                      Fixed-width fonts for fast reading on the Linux console
ii  console-tools                           1:0.2.3dbs-69.1             Linux console and font utilities
ii  coreutils                               8.5-1                       GNU core utilities
ii  cpio                                    2.11-4                      GNU cpio -- a program to manage archives of files
ii  cpp                                     4:4.4.5-1                   The GNU C preprocessor (cpp)
ii  cpp-4.4                                 4.4.5-8                     The GNU C preprocessor
ii  cron                                    3.0pl1-116                  process scheduling daemon
ii  dash                                    0.5.5.1-7.4                 POSIX-compliant shell
ii  debconf                                 1.5.36.1                    Debian configuration management system
ii  debconf-i18n                            1.5.36.1                    full internationalization support for debconf
ii  debian-archive-keyring                  2010.08.28                  GnuPG archive keys of the Debian archive
ii  debianutils                             3.4                         Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
ii  diffutils                               1:3.0-1                     File comparison utilities
ii  discover                                2.1.2-5                     hardware identification system
ii  discover-data                           2.2010.10.18                Data lists for Discover hardware detection system
ii  dmidecode                               2.9-1.2                     Dump Desktop Management Interface data
ii  dmsetup                                 2:1.02.48-5                 The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
ii  dpkg                                    1.15.8.10                   Debian package management system
ii  dtc-xen-firewall                        0.5.13-3                    A small firewall script for your dom0
ii  e2fslibs                                1.41.12-2                   ext2/ext3/ext4 file system libraries
ii  e2fsprogs                               1.41.12-2                   ext2/ext3/ext4 file system utilities
ii  eject                                   2.1.5+deb1+cvs20081104-7.1  ejects CDs and operates CD-Changers under Linux
ii  esound-common                           0.2.41-8                    Enlightened Sound Daemon - Common files
ii  ethtool                                 1:2.6.34-3                  display or change Ethernet device settings
ii  findutils                               4.4.2-1+b1                  utilities for finding files--find, xargs
ii  gawk                                    1:3.1.7.dfsg-5              GNU awk, a pattern scanning and processing language
ii  gcc                                     4:4.4.5-1                   The GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-4.4                                 4.4.5-8                     The GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-4.4-base                            4.4.5-8                     The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
ii  gettext                                 0.18.1.1-3                  GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  gettext-base                            0.18.1.1-3                  GNU Internationalization utilities for the base system
ii  git                                     1:1.7.2.3-2.2               fast, scalable, distributed revision control system
ii  gnupg                                   1.4.10-4                    GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
ii  gpgv                                    1.4.10-4                    GNU privacy guard - signature verification tool
ii  grep                                    2.6.3-3                     GNU grep, egrep and fgrep
ii  groff-base                              1.20.1-10                   GNU troff text-formatting system (base system components)
ii  grub-common                             1.98+20100804-14            GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (common files)
ii  grub-pc                                 1.98+20100804-14            GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS version)
ii  gzip                                    1.3.12-9                    GNU compression utilities
ii  hostname                                3.04                        utility to set/show the host name or domain name
ii  htop                                    0.8.3-1                     interactive processes viewer
ii  ifupdown                                0.6.10                      high level tools to configure network interfaces
ii  info                                    4.13a.dfsg.1-6              Standalone GNU Info documentation browser
ii  initramfs-tools                         0.98.8                      tools for generating an initramfs
ii  initscripts                             2.88dsf-13.1                scripts for initializing and shutting down the system
ii  insserv                                 1.14.0-2                    Tool to organize boot sequence using LSB init.d script dependencies
ii  install-info                            4.13a.dfsg.1-6              Manage installed documentation in info format
ii  installation-report                     2.44                        system installation report
ii  iproute                                 20100519-3                  networking and traffic control tools
ii  iptables                                1.4.8-3                     administration tools for packet filtering and NAT
ii  iputils-ping                            3:20100418-3                Tools to test the reachability of network hosts
ii  isc-dhcp-client                         4.1.1-P1-15                 ISC DHCP client
ii  isc-dhcp-common                         4.1.1-P1-15                 common files used by all the isc-dhcp* packages
ii  joe                                     3.7-2                       user friendly full screen text editor
rc  kbd                                     1.15.2-2                    Linux console font and keytable utilities
ii  keyboard-configuration                  1.68                        system-wide keyboard preferences
ii  klibc-utils                             1.5.20-1                    small utilities built with klibc for early boot
ii  laptop-detect                           0.13.7                      attempt to detect a laptop
ii  libaa1                                  1.4p5-38                    ascii art library
ii  libaa1-dev                              1.4p5-38                    ascii art library, development kit
ii  libacl1                                 2.2.49-4                    Access control list shared library
ii  libartsc0                               1.5.9-3+b2                  aRts sound system C support library
ii  libartsc0-dev                           1.5.9-3+b2                  development files for the aRts sound system C support library
ii  libasound2                              1.0.23-2.1                  shared library for ALSA applications
ii  libasound2-dev                          1.0.23-2.1                  shared library for ALSA applications -- development files
ii  libasyncns0                             0.3-1.1                     Asyncronous name service query library
ii  libattr1                                1:2.4.44-2                  Extended attribute shared library
ii  libaudio-dev                            1.9.2-4                     Network Audio System - development files
ii  libaudio2                               1.9.2-4                     Network Audio System - shared libraries
ii  libaudiofile-dev                        0.2.6-8                     Open-source version of SGI's audiofile library (header files)
ii  libaudiofile0                           0.2.6-8                     Open-source version of SGI's audiofile library
ii  libavahi-client-dev                     0.6.27-2                    Development files for the Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-client3                        0.6.27-2                    Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-common-data                    0.6.27-2                    Avahi common data files
ii  libavahi-common-dev                     0.6.27-2                    Development files for the Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-common3                        0.6.27-2                    Avahi common library
ii  libbind9-60                             1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         BIND9 Shared Library used by BIND
ii  libblkid1                               2.17.2-9                    block device id library
ii  libboost-iostreams1.42.0                1.42.0-4                    Boost.Iostreams Library
ii  libbsd0                                 0.2.0-1                     utility functions from BSD systems - shared library
ii  libbz2-1.0                              1.0.5-6                     high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
ii  libc-bin                                2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: Binaries
ii  libc-dev-bin                            2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: Development binaries
ii  libc6                                   2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev                               2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
ii  libc6-dev-i386                          2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: 32-bit development libraries for AMD64
ii  libc6-i386                              2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: 32-bit shared libraries for AMD64
ii  libcaca-dev                             0.99.beta17-1               development files for libcaca
ii  libcaca0                                0.99.beta17-1               colour ASCII art library
ii  libcap-ng0                              0.6.4-1                     An alternate posix capabilities library
ii  libcap2                                 1:2.19-3                    support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities
ii  libcomerr2                              1.41.12-2                   common error description library
ii  libconsole                              1:0.2.3dbs-69.1             Shared libraries for Linux console and font manipulation
ii  libcroco3                               0.6.2-1                     a generic Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) parsing and manipulation toolkit
ii  libcurl3                                7.21.0-1                    Multi-protocol file transfer library (OpenSSL)
ii  libcurl3-gnutls                         7.21.0-1                    Multi-protocol file transfer library (GnuTLS)
ii  libcwidget3                             0.5.16-3                    high-level terminal interface library for C++ (runtime files)
ii  libdb4.7                                4.7.25-9                    Berkeley v4.7 Database Libraries [runtime]
ii  libdb4.8                                4.8.30-2                    Berkeley v4.8 Database Libraries [runtime]
ii  libdbus-1-3                             1.2.24-4                    simple interprocess messaging system
ii  libdbus-1-dev                           1.2.24-4                    simple interprocess messaging system (development headers)
ii  libdevmapper1.02.1                      2:1.02.48-5                 The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
ii  libdirectfb-1.2-9                       1.2.10.0-4                  direct frame buffer graphics - shared libraries
ii  libdirectfb-dev                         1.2.10.0-4                  direct frame buffer graphics library - development files
ii  libdirectfb-extra                       1.2.10.0-4                  direct frame buffer graphics - extra providers
ii  libdiscover2                            2.1.2-5                     hardware identification library
ii  libdns69                                1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         DNS Shared Library used by BIND
ii  libdrm2                                 2.4.21-1~squeeze3           Userspace interface to kernel DRM services -- runtime
ii  libedit2                                2.11-20080614-2             BSD editline and history libraries
ii  libept1                                 1.0.4                       High-level library for managing Debian package information
ii  liberror-perl                           0.17-1                      Perl module for error/exception handling in an OO-ish way
ii  libesd0                                 0.2.41-8                    Enlightened Sound Daemon - Shared libraries
ii  libesd0-dev                             0.2.41-8                    Enlightened Sound Daemon - Development files
ii  libexpat1                               2.0.1-7                     XML parsing C library - runtime library
ii  libflac8                                1.2.1-2+b1                  Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C library
ii  libfreetype6                            2.4.2-2.1                   FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
ii  libfreetype6-dev                        2.4.2-2.1                   FreeType 2 font engine, development files
ii  libgcc1                                 1:4.4.5-8                   GCC support library
ii  libgcrypt11                             1.4.5-2                     LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
ii  libgdbm3                                1.8.3-9                     GNU dbm database routines (runtime version)
ii  libgeoip1                               1.4.7~beta6+dfsg-1          A non-DNS IP-to-country resolver library
ii  libgl1-mesa-dev                         7.7.1-4                     A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX development files
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx                         7.7.1-4                     A free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
ii  libglib2.0-0                            2.24.2-1                    The GLib library of C routines
ii  libglib2.0-dev                          2.24.2-1                    Development files for the GLib library
ii  libglu1-mesa                            7.7.1-4                     The OpenGL utility library (GLU)
ii  libglu1-mesa-dev                        7.7.1-4                     The OpenGL utility library -- development files
ii  libgmp3c2                               2:4.3.2+dfsg-1              Multiprecision arithmetic library
ii  libgnutls26                             2.8.6-1                     the GNU TLS library - runtime library
ii  libgomp1                                4.4.5-8                     GCC OpenMP (GOMP) support library
ii  libgpg-error0                           1.6-1                       library for common error values and messages in GnuPG components
ii  libgpm2                                 1.20.4-3.3                  General Purpose Mouse - shared library
ii  libgssapi-krb5-2                        1.8.3+dfsg-4                MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
ii  libice-dev                              2:1.0.6-2                   X11 Inter-Client Exchange library (development headers)
ii  libice6                                 2:1.0.6-2                   X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  libidn11                                1.15-2                      GNU Libidn library, implementation of IETF IDN specifications
ii  libisc62                                1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         ISC Shared Library used by BIND
ii  libisccc60                              1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         Command Channel Library used by BIND
ii  libisccfg62                             1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         Config File Handling Library used by BIND
ii  libjpeg62                               6b1-1                       The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library (version 6.2)
ii  libjpeg62-dev                           6b1-1                       Development files for the IJG JPEG library (version 6.2)
ii  libk5crypto3                            1.8.3+dfsg-4                MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Crypto Library
ii  libkeyutils1                            1.4-1                       Linux Key Management Utilities (library)
ii  libklibc                                1.5.20-1                    minimal libc subset for use with initramfs
ii  libkrb5-3                               1.8.3+dfsg-4                MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
ii  libkrb5support0                         1.8.3+dfsg-4                MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Support library
ii  libldap-2.4-2                           2.4.23-7                    OpenLDAP libraries
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl                  1.05-6                      Using libc functions for internationalization in Perl
ii  liblwres60                              1:9.7.2.dfsg.P3-1.1         Lightweight Resolver Library used by BIND
ii  liblzma2                                5.0.0-2                     XZ-format compression library
ii  libmpfr4                                3.0.0-2                     multiple precision floating-point computation
ii  libmysqlclient16                        5.1.49-3                    MySQL database client library
ii  libncurses5                             5.7+20100313-5              shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libncurses5-dev                         5.7+20100313-5              developer's libraries and docs for ncurses
ii  libncursesw5                            5.7+20100313-5              shared libraries for terminal handling (wide character support)
ii  libnewt0.52                             0.52.11-1                   Not Erik's Windowing Toolkit - text mode windowing with slang
ii  libnfnetlink0                           1.0.0-1                     Netfilter netlink library
ii  libogg0                                 1.2.0~dfsg-1                Ogg bitstream library
ii  libopts25                               1:5.10-1.1                  automated option processing library based on autogen
ii  libpam-modules                          1.1.1-6.1                   Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM
ii  libpam-runtime                          1.1.1-6.1                   Runtime support for the PAM library
ii  libpam0g                                1.1.1-6.1                   Pluggable Authentication Modules library
ii  libpci-dev                              1:3.1.7-6                   Linux PCI Utilities (development files)
ii  libpci3                                 1:3.1.7-6                   Linux PCI Utilities (shared library)
ii  libpcre3                                8.02-1.1                    Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
ii  libpng12-0                              1.2.44-1                    PNG library - runtime
ii  libpng12-dev                            1.2.44-1                    PNG library - development
ii  libpopt0                                1.16-1                      lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libpq5                                  8.4.5-0squeeze2             PostgreSQL C client library
ii  libpthread-stubs0                       0.3-2                       pthread stubs not provided by native libc
ii  libpthread-stubs0-dev                   0.3-2                       pthread stubs not provided by native libc, development files
ii  libpulse-browse0                        0.9.21-3+b1                 PulseAudio client libraries (zeroconf support)
ii  libpulse-dev                            0.9.21-3+b1                 PulseAudio client development headers and libraries
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0                 0.9.21-3+b1                 PulseAudio client libraries (glib support)
ii  libpulse0                               0.9.21-3+b1                 PulseAudio client libraries
ii  libradiusclient-ng2                     0.5.6-1.1                   Enhanced RADIUS client library
ii  libreadline5                            5.2-7                       GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries
ii  libreadline6                            6.1-3                       GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries
ii  libsasl2-2                              2.1.23.dfsg1-7              Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction library
ii  libsdl1.2-dev                           1.2.14-6.1                  Simple DirectMedia Layer development files
ii  libsdl1.2debian                         1.2.14-6.1                  Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii  libsdl1.2debian-alsa                    1.2.14-6.1                  Simple DirectMedia Layer (with X11 and ALSA options)
ii  libselinux1                             2.0.96-1                    SELinux runtime shared libraries
ii  libsepol1                               2.0.41-1                    SELinux library for manipulating binary security policies
ii  libsigc++-2.0-0c2a                      2.2.4.2-1                   type-safe Signal Framework for C++ - runtime
ii  libslang2                               2.2.2-4                     The S-Lang programming library - runtime version
ii  libslang2-dev                           2.2.2-4                     The S-Lang programming library, development version
ii  libsm-dev                               2:1.1.1-1                   X11 Session Management library (development headers)
ii  libsm6                                  2:1.1.1-1                   X11 Session Management library
ii  libsndfile1                             1.0.21-3                    Library for reading/writing audio files
ii  libsqlite3-0                            3.7.3-1                     SQLite 3 shared library
ii  libss2                                  1.41.12-2                   command-line interface parsing library
ii  libssh2-1                               1.2.6-1                     SSH2 client-side library
ii  libssl0.9.8                             0.9.8o-4                    SSL shared libraries
ii  libstdc++6                              4.4.5-8                     The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libsvga1                                1:1.4.3-29                  console SVGA display libraries
ii  libsvga1-dev                            1:1.4.3-29                  console SVGA display development libraries and headers
ii  libsysfs-dev                            2.1.0+repack-1              interface library to sysfs - development files
ii  libsysfs2                               2.1.0+repack-1              interface library to sysfs
ii  libtasn1-3                              2.7-1                       Manage ASN.1 structures (runtime)
ii  libtext-charwidth-perl                  0.04-6                      get display widths of characters on the terminal
ii  libtext-iconv-perl                      1.7-2                       converts between character sets in Perl
ii  libtext-wrapi18n-perl                   0.06-7                      internationalized substitute of Text::Wrap
ii  libts-0.0-0                             1.0-7                       touch screen library
ii  libudev0                                164-3                       libudev shared library
ii  libunistring0                           0.9.3-3                     Unicode string library for C
ii  libusb-0.1-4                            2:0.1.12-16                 userspace USB programming library
ii  libuuid-perl                            0.02-4                      Perl extension for using UUID interfaces as defined in e2fsprogs
ii  libuuid1                                2.17.2-9                    Universally Unique ID library
ii  libvncserver-dev                        0.9.7-2+b1                  API to write one's own vnc server - development files
ii  libvncserver0                           0.9.7-2+b1                  API to write one's own vnc server
ii  libvorbis0a                             1.3.1-1                     The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec (Decoder library)
ii  libvorbisenc2                           1.3.1-1                     The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec (Encoder library)
ii  libwrap0                                7.6.q-19                    Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
ii  libx11-6                                2:1.3.3-4                   X11 client-side library
ii  libx11-data                             2:1.3.3-4                   X11 client-side library
ii  libx11-dev                              2:1.3.3-4                   X11 client-side library (development headers)
ii  libx86-1                                1.1+ds1-6                   x86 real-mode library
ii  libxapian22                             1.2.3-2                     Search engine library
ii  libxau-dev                              1:1.0.6-1                   X11 authorisation library (development headers)
ii  libxau6                                 1:1.0.6-1                   X11 authorisation library
ii  libxcb1                                 1.6-1                       X C Binding
ii  libxcb1-dev                             1.6-1                       X C Binding, development files
ii  libxdamage1                             1:1.1.3-1                   X11 damaged region extension library
ii  libxdmcp-dev                            1:1.0.3-2                   X11 authorisation library (development headers)
ii  libxdmcp6                               1:1.0.3-2                   X11 Display Manager Control Protocol library
ii  libxenstore3.0                          4.0.1-2                     Xenstore communications library for Xen
ii  libxext-dev                             2:1.1.2-1                   X11 miscellaneous extensions library (development headers)
ii  libxext6                                2:1.1.2-1                   X11 miscellaneous extension library
ii  libxfixes3                              1:4.0.5-1                   X11 miscellaneous 'fixes' extension library
ii  libxi6                                  2:1.3-6                     X11 Input extension library
ii  libxml2                                 2.7.8.dfsg-2                GNOME XML library
ii  libxmuu1                                2:1.0.5-2                   X11 miscellaneous micro-utility library
ii  libxpm4                                 1:3.5.8-1                   X11 pixmap library
ii  libxt-dev                               1:1.0.7-1                   X11 toolkit intrinsics library (development headers)
ii  libxt6                                  1:1.0.7-1                   X11 toolkit intrinsics library
ii  libxtst6                                2:1.1.0-3                   X11 Testing -- Record extension library
ii  libxxf86vm1                             1:1.1.0-2                   X11 XFree86 video mode extension library
ii  linux-base                              2.6.32-30                   Linux image base package
ii  linux-image-2.6-amd64                   2.6.32+29                   Linux 2.6 for 64-bit PCs (meta-package)
ii  linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64               2.6.32+29                   Linux 2.6 for 64-bit PCs (meta-package), Xen dom0 support
ii  linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64              2.6.32-30                   Linux 2.6.32 for 64-bit PCs
ii  linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64          2.6.32-30                   Linux 2.6.32 for 64-bit PCs, Xen dom0 support
ii  linux-libc-dev                          2.6.32-30                   Linux support headers for userspace development
ii  locales                                 2.11.2-10                   Embedded GNU C Library: National Language (locale) data [support]
ii  login                                   1:4.1.4.2+svn3283-2         system login tools
ii  logrotate                               3.7.8-6                     Log rotation utility
ii  lsb-base                                3.2-23.2squeeze1            Linux Standard Base 3.2 init script functionality
ii  lvm2                                    2.02.66-5                   The Linux Logical Volume Manager
ii  make                                    3.81-8                      An utility for Directing compilation.
ii  man-db                                  2.5.7-8                     on-line manual pager
ii  manpages                                3.27-1                      Manual pages about using a GNU/Linux system
ii  mawk                                    1.3.3-15                    a pattern scanning and text processing language
ii  mdadm                                   3.1.4-1+8efb9d1             tool to administer Linux MD arrays (software RAID)
ii  mesa-common-dev                         7.7.1-4                     Developer documentation for Mesa
ii  mime-support                            3.48-1                      MIME files 'mime.types' & 'mailcap', and support programs
ii  module-init-tools                       3.12-1                      tools for managing Linux kernel modules
ii  mount                                   2.17.2-9                    Tools for mounting and manipulating filesystems
ii  mysql-common                            5.1.49-3                    MySQL database common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf
ii  nagios-plugins                          1.4.15-3                    Plugins for the nagios network monitoring and management system
ii  nagios-plugins-basic                    1.4.15-3                    Plugins for the nagios network monitoring and management system
ii  nagios-plugins-standard                 1.4.15-3                    Plugins for the nagios network monitoring and management system
ii  nano                                    2.2.4-1                     small, friendly text editor inspired by Pico
ii  ncurses-base                            5.7+20100313-5              basic terminal type definitions
ii  ncurses-bin                             5.7+20100313-5              terminal-related programs and man pages
ii  net-tools                               1.60-23                     The NET-3 networking toolkit
ii  netbase                                 4.45                        Basic TCP/IP networking system
ii  netcat-traditional                      1.10-38                     TCP/IP swiss army knife
ii  ntp                                     1:4.2.6.p2+dfsg-1+b1        Network Time Protocol daemon and utility programs
ii  openssh-blacklist                       0.4.1                       list of default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
ii  openssh-blacklist-extra                 0.4.1                       list of non-default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
ii  openssh-client                          1:5.5p1-6                   secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
ii  openssh-server                          1:5.5p1-6                   secure shell (SSH) server, for secure access from remote machines
ii  openssl                                 0.9.8o-4                    Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related cryptographic tools
ii  os-prober                               1.42                        utility to detect other OSes on a set of drives
ii  passwd                                  1:4.1.4.2+svn3283-2         change and administer password and group data
ii  patch                                   2.6-2                       Apply a diff file to an original
ii  pciutils                                1:3.1.7-6                   Linux PCI Utilities
ii  perl                                    5.10.1-17                   Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
ii  perl-base                               5.10.1-17                   minimal Perl system
ii  perl-modules                            5.10.1-17                   Core Perl modules
ii  pkg-config                              0.25-1.1                    manage compile and link flags for libraries
ii  popularity-contest                      1.49                        Vote for your favourite packages automatically
ii  postfix                                 2.7.1-1                     High-performance mail transport agent
ii  procps                                  1:3.2.8-9                   /proc file system utilities
ii  python                                  2.6.6-3+squeeze5            interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
ii  python-central                          0.6.16+nmu1                 register and build utility for Python packages
ii  python-crypto                           2.1.0-2                     cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python
ii  python-minimal                          2.6.6-3+squeeze5            minimal subset of the Python language (default version)
ii  python-openssl                          0.10-1                      Python wrapper around the OpenSSL library
ii  python-pkg-resources                    0.6.14-4                    Package Discovery and Resource Access using pkg_resources
ii  python-pyasn1                           0.0.11a-1                   ASN.1 library for Python
ii  python-support                          1.0.10                      automated rebuilding support for Python modules
ii  python-twisted                          10.1.0-3                    Event-based framework for internet applications (transitional package)
ii  python-twisted-bin                      10.1.0-3                    Event-based framework for internet applications
ii  python-twisted-conch                    1:10.1.0-1                  The Twisted SSH Implementation
ii  python-twisted-core                     10.1.0-3                    Event-based framework for internet applications
ii  python-twisted-lore                     10.1.0-1                    Documentation generator with HTML and LaTeX support
ii  python-twisted-mail                     10.1.0-1                    An SMTP, IMAP and POP protocol implementation
ii  python-twisted-names                    10.1.0-1                    A DNS protocol implementation with client and server
ii  python-twisted-news                     10.1.0-1                    An NNTP protocol implementation with client and server
ii  python-twisted-runner                   10.1.0-2                    Process management, including an inetd server
ii  python-twisted-web                      10.1.0-1                    An HTTP protocol implementation together with clients and servers
ii  python-twisted-words                    10.1.0-1                    Chat and Instant Messaging
ii  python-zope.interface                   3.5.3-1+b1                  Interfaces for Python
ii  python2.5                               2.5.5-11                    An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.5)
ii  python2.5-minimal                       2.5.5-11                    A minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.5)
ii  python2.6                               2.6.6-8+b1                  An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.6)
ii  python2.6-minimal                       2.6.6-8+b1                  A minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.6)
ii  readline-common                         6.1-3                       GNU readline and history libraries, common files
ii  rsyslog                                 4.6.4-2                     enhanced multi-threaded syslogd
ii  screen                                  4.0.3-14                    terminal multiplexor with VT100/ANSI terminal emulation
ii  sed                                     4.2.1-7                     The GNU sed stream editor
ii  sensible-utils                          0.0.4                       Utilities for sensible alternative selection
ii  smartmontools                           5.39.1+svn3124-2            control and monitor storage systems using S.M.A.R.T.
ii  ssh                                     1:5.5p1-6                   secure shell client and server (metapackage)
ii  ssl-cert                                1.0.28                      simple debconf wrapper for OpenSSL
ii  sudo                                    1.7.4p4-2.squeeze.1         Provide limited super user privileges to specific users
ii  sysv-rc                                 2.88dsf-13.1                System-V-like runlevel change mechanism
ii  sysvinit                                2.88dsf-13.1                System-V-like init utilities
ii  sysvinit-utils                          2.88dsf-13.1                System-V-like utilities
ii  tar                                     1.23-3                      GNU version of the tar archiving utility
ii  tasksel                                 2.88                        Tool for selecting tasks for installation on Debian systems
ii  tasksel-data                            2.88                        Official tasks used for installation of Debian systems
ii  tcpd                                    7.6.q-19                    Wietse Venema's TCP wrapper utilities
ii  texinfo                                 4.13a.dfsg.1-6              Documentation system for on-line information and printed output
ii  tgif                                    1:4.1.45-3                  interactive 2-D drawing facility under X11
ii  traceroute                              1:2.0.15-1                  Traces the route taken by packets over an IPv4/IPv6 network
ii  transfig                                1:3.2.5.c-1                 Utilities for converting XFig figure files
ii  tsconf                                  1.0-7                       touch screen library common files
ii  tzdata                                  2010o-1                     time zone and daylight-saving time data
ii  ucf                                     3.0025+nmu1                 Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
ii  udev                                    164-3                       /dev/ and hotplug management daemon
ii  usbutils                                0.87-5                      Linux USB utilities
ii  util-linux                              2.17.2-9                    Miscellaneous system utilities
ii  vim-common                              2:7.2.445+hg~cb94c42c0e1a-1 Vi IMproved - Common files
ii  vim-tiny                                2:7.2.445+hg~cb94c42c0e1a-1 Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor - compact version
ii  wget                                    1.12-2.1                    retrieves files from the web
ii  whiptail                                0.52.11-1                   Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from shell scripts
ii  x11-common                              1:7.5+8                     X Window System (X.Org) infrastructure
ii  x11proto-core-dev                       7.0.16-1                    X11 core wire protocol and auxiliary headers
ii  x11proto-input-dev                      2.0-2                       X11 Input extension wire protocol
ii  x11proto-kb-dev                         1.0.4-1                     X11 XKB extension wire protocol
ii  x11proto-xext-dev                       7.1.1-2                     X11 various extension wire protocol
ii  xauth                                   1:1.0.4-1                   X authentication utility
ii  xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64                4.0.1-2                     The Xen Hypervisor on AMD64
ii  xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64     2.6.32-30                   Xen system with Linux 2.6.32 on 64-bit PCs (meta-package)
ii  xen-utils-4.0                           4.0.1-2                     XEN administrative tools
ii  xen-utils-common                        4.0.0-1                     XEN administrative tools - common files
ii  xenstore-utils                          4.0.1-2                     Xenstore utilities for Xen
ii  xkb-data                                1.8-2                       X Keyboard Extension (XKB) configuration data
ii  xtrans-dev                              1.2.5-1                     X transport library (development files)
ii  xz-utils                                5.0.0-2                     XZ-format compression utilities
ii  zlib1g                                  1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3            compression library - runtime
ii  zlib1g-dev                              1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3            compression library - development