Re: PostgreSQL security update

Florian Weimer [2011-02-01 23:36 +0100]:
> You've confused the versions, I'm afraid.

Erk, sorry. That was just in the email, though.

> For lenny, we need an 8.3 update.

http://people.debian.org/~mpitt/psql/lenny/ has 8.3.14, as it should
be.

Want me to dput this?

> If 8.4.7 can propagate to squeeze from unstable, that would be the
> easiest option.

That's not possible since unstable uses libpq5 from postgresql-9.0, so
it needs a t-p-u rebuild just as 8.4.5-0squeezeX.

> Otherwise, we need to do a testing-security or stable-security upload
> for postgresql-8.4 with a version number lower than 8.4.7, but higher
> than 8.4.5-0squeeze2.

Right, but I was asking because the release team asked me to not
release 8.4.6-0squeeze1 into t-p-u. Now that we are really close to
release the reasons for that might apply even more strongly?

Anyway, in case it works better with -security (separate archive and
buildds, thus no danger of missing the release deadline due to buildd
lag?), I prepared a 8.4.7-0squeeze1 testing-security update in

 http://people.debian.org/~mpitt/psql/squeeze/

(passing all tests).

Thanks,

Martin