Re: unblock request for pgdesigner 1.2.17-2

On 01/16/2011 04:25 PM, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:22:24 +0100, Pierre Chifflier wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> pgdesigner 1.2.17-2 has just been uploaded to sid, and closes an RC bug
>> affecting squeeze.
>> I've managed to backport only the fix from the svn repository and make a
>> minimal patch
>>
> Care to explain the debian/rules and debian/control changes?

Sure.

Short version:
It's the minimal code required to compile the code after the patch

Full version:
pgdesigner is distributed with sources, bytecode for gambas and an
executable file which is an archive of the bytecode with a loader.

While previously I did not have to compile anything (the distributed
code was ok), since I have to include a 5-lines patch I have to rebuild
the file. Since the build changes lots of binary files this creates a
huge diff with all the binary files, and I tried to avoid that.

So the changes are doing two things:
- adding the build-deps and calling the gambas compiler
- the lines to save the binary files are a quick hack to save the
distributed binaries (which are included in the .orig.tar.gz) and avoid
a failure when running debuild twice (unable to generate diff for binary
files).

This was done to generate a minimal diff which changes only source files
and is easy to review.

BR,
Pierre