Seeking advice regarding an update for geda-gaf package

Hello,

  There is a upstream patch for geda-gaf packaged that fixes an arbitrary
  code execution issue:
  http://git.gpleda.org/?p=gaf.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=16b3d32fcf8458389a491aed9437be835131b4b9
  here is the bug report:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/geda-gaf/+bug/700194

  So, if I apply that patch, would that grant a freeze exception ?

  Also, is it alright to also have those changes accepted in a freeze
  exception:

  1) Bumping Standards-Version to 3.9.1
  2) Changed versioned Conflicts to Breaks. (Please see the this diff:
  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-electronics/geda-gaf.git;a=commitdiff;h=40f6c660335f5ed1b0f6d8a48b9b379e16131f80 )

  Please CC me on replies, since I am not on the -release mailing list.

--
 ‎أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer