Re: (cfengine3) raising severity on 602404 and 605044 to grave

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 13:59:03 +0000, Antonio Radici wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 02:35:04PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > That doesn't sound grave to me.  Just because you have to modify
> > /etc/init.d/cfengine3 instead of /etc/default/cfengine3 doesn't make the
> > package unusable, does it?
>
> Hi Julien,
> thanks for your quick answer; I thought this could be a problem because
> we are shipping /etc/default/cfengine3 and since you have that file, as
> a user, you expect that once you modify it, then it will work exactly as
> the other files in /etc/default; basically we are not doing what we are
> promising to do.

I'm not saying it's not a problem.  I'm saying it pretty closely matches
the "bug which has a major effect on the usability of a package, without
rendering it completely unusable to everyone" description.

> As you said, it doesn't  make the package unusable but it is a problem
> for the user; I'm happy to set the severity of this bug back to
> important if you want and we will leave things as they are on squeeze;
> the upload is just a 6 lines change though (3 in cfengine3.default and 3
> in cfengine3.init) and it is already ready.
>
> Let me know your preference and I'll proceed accordingly.

Then set it back to important, and fix it in 6.0.1 if you like.

Cheers,
Julien