Re: RFC: Prospective NMU of ndoutils-nagios3-mysql to close #607925

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 05:18:49PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 16:52 +0300, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:
> > I have prepared a patch to close an RC bug [1] and pinged the package's
> > maintainer about this. He did not respond, so it looks like an NMU is
> > needed as otherwise the package will have to be removed from Squeeze.
>
> fwiw, it was already removed a week ago; see
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/ndoutils/news/20110102T163912Z.html
>
> The bug should certainly be fixed in unstable, particularly as Alex has
> acked it on behalf of the maintainers.  If that's done soon enough, we
> can look at whether it's possible to get the package back in to Squeeze.
Hmm, well, this does not strictly relate to this bug, but I think that
would be cool if the script performing removals would also send a
message to the NNNN@bugs.debian.org so that the persons subscribed to it
were set aware of the removal; otherwise I've no idea how would I know
the package is removed.
Should I raise this on debian-devel (after the release probably)?