Re: Requesting pre-approval for a samba upload to fix file descriptor leak in pam_winbind

Quoting Adam D. Barratt (adam@adam-barratt.org.uk):
> On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 17:32 +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > So, in short, there shouldn't be any need for a freeze exception as
> > the bug is supposedly fixed. However, I would prefer that the
> > submitter of #606350 confirms that he does no longer experience this
> > bug with the version in squeeze. What's puzzling is that he reported
> > the bug way after 3.5.6 entered testing, so I would like him to
> > mention the version of samba packages that were installed on his
> > system the day he filed the bug report.
>
> Looking at the log for #606350, it sounds like this might not be fixed
> after all?

Yes, and I find no free time for looking at this more deeply. :-(

Of course, an easy fix would be using "my" patch without thinking
further as the bug reporter said that this fixed the problem for
him.

Alternatively, I could leave this for a point release (I'm actually
pondering to request an exception for 3.5.7 in a point release as all
upstream fixes in that release are worth going to squeeze updates).