Re: sbuild in squeeze

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 08:59:31PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 12:10:23PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > I'm afraid this isn't just minimal bugfixing, it's basically three new
> > upstream releases worth of changes.  But, I think it's important to
> > have in squeeze for these key improvements:
> >
> > • dpkg-source v3 support
>
> The buildd-0.60.0 branch in production is based on... 0.60.0.  So it should
> already have that support?  Could you please clarify?

Certainly.  The buildd branch has the dpkg-source v3 code backported
into it from the master branch; the version of sbuild in unstable
and testing can not build v3 sources.  It may be able to build some
v3 packages, but it's limited to sources using
.dsc/.diff.gz/.orig.tar.gz; no .tar.bz2 or quilt or multiple tarballs
etc.

Specifically, it's missing

commit ba54dd628d1f5a3c72286242e5e6c6731fe3367a