unblock request for sisu 2.7.8-1 (code fixes (debian live-manual related) for Squeeze (as documented))

Severity: normal

Please unblock sisu 2.7.8 for Squeeze.

This sisu release is made almost entirely with debian live-manual needs in
mind, most of them responses to requests as documented in the debian/changelog.
It includes a fix without which there is a pattern matching error in building
the current version of live-manual. This is listed under "internal links" in
the changelog. This release though only built and posted yesterday has been
tested in its present form for the past 6 days from the git repo.

Note from previous unblock request:
>I am upstream for sisu the development of which has likewise been frozen since
>the Debian freeze to ensure a stable sisu version release with Squeeze. (There
>have been several unblock requests, all thankfully granted). This freeze period
>has been a useful for sisu development, a chance to review the existing code
>and feature set and its behaviour, with each freeze set of fixes release being
>more reliable and consistent than the previous one.

Release team once again thank you, (Mehdi Dogguy is perhaps most familiar with
this package, having dealt with 4 of the now seven unblock requests, thank
you).

Sincerely,
Ralph Amissah

*- debian/changelog -*
2.7.8-1
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sisu/current/changelog#versionversion2.7.8-1
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=6eac7d7873b0675fd5c04558a86cdbf20b4d4839

sisu  (2.7.8-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  [ Ralph Amissah ] - debian freeze, code fixes
  * i18n, introduce header @make: :language: internationalization using codes
    from http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/ at this time for texpdf,
    (able to satify needs of polyglossia for the likes of Brazilian Portugues)
    and in future for po files, where iso:639 for this purpose appears to have
    use limitations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes
    * param, extract @make: :language: information if provided, default
      "english"
    * i18n, add code list and associated language (as listed by polyglossia)
    * texpdf_format, use param (@make: :language: (default english)), to set
      tex document language header (previously used file naming convention)
    * sisu.vim recognize @make: :language:
      (also elsewhere shortened :lang_code: from :language_code:)

  * internal links
    * dal, exclude parentheses and square brackets from matching
      (requested fix, Ben Armstrong)
    * html, remove space between link & following punctuation, parentheses &/or
      square brackets
      (requested fix, Ben Armstrong)
    * epub, remove space between link & following punctuation, parentheses &/or
      square brackets

  * html
    * remove "copy @" mark
      (requested, Daniel Baumann)
    * segments, title banner (including "copy @" mark) configurable, boolean,
      true/false (default false)
      (requested off option, Daniel Baumann)
    * quick ref links_guide configurable, boolean, true/false (default false)
      (requested off option, Daniel Baumann)

  * config.yml
    * html, seg title banner, boolean true/false setting (commented out,
      default false)
    * html, quick_ref, boolean true/false setting (commented out, default
      false)

 -- Ralph Amissah <ralph@amissah.com>  Sat, 30 Oct 2010 23:49:39 -0400

*- git repo --*
2.7.8 tag
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/debian/2.7.8-1
debian/sid
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian/sid
upstream
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/upstream
*- unblock history -*

This is the seventh unblock request on the package sisu after the freeze (blame
additional testing by the live-manual (debian-live) members for the last
four).

2.6.3-4 code and documentation fixes
contributed for Squeeze.
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000040.html
the first unblock request was granted  by Julien Cristau (for which thanks, he
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000044.html
also dealt with an unblock request on a sister package "sisu-markup-samples");

2.6.3-5 bug fix #596736 for Squeeze. Primarily a bug-fix.
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000062.html
the second unblock request Mehdi Dogguy (thank you).
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000063.html

2.6.3-6 Documentation and reliability fix.
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000071.html
third unblock request, Neil McGovern fixes)
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000072.html

2.7.2-1 (2.7.0 - 2.7.2 bug fix #598063 and other fixes)
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000094.html
fourth unblock request, Mehdi Dogguy (thank you).
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-September/000097.html

# 2.7.5-1 the fifth unblock request, OVERTAKEN

2.7.6-1 (2.7.3 - 2.7.6 bug fixes, requested fixes)
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-October/000118.html
fifth unblock request, Mehdi Dogguy (thank you).
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-October/000124.html

2.7.7-1 (bug fixes, requested fixes)
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-October/000132.html
sixth unblock request, Mehdi Dogguy (thank you).
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-October/000133.html
also dealt with an unblock request on a sister package "sisu-markup-samples");
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-October/000134.html
http://lists.sisudoc.org/pipermail/sisu/2010-October/000135.html

2.7.8-1 (bug fixes, requested fixes)
seventh unblock request

An extract from 2.7.6 unblock request

>Testing of sisu may have been a bit more rigorous since debian-live recently
>started using sisu with debian-live, both the responsibility of making sure it
>works for that project (sisu was not originally designed for technical
>writing), and a number of the fixes were for issues found by others, (in the
>case of this unblock request Mark Schneider who is active in debian-live with
>the live-manual) as documented below.
>
>I am upstream for sisu the development of which has likewise been frozen since
>the Debian freeze to ensure a stable sisu version release with Squeeze. Freeze
>development moved upstream to the 2.7 series from debian.changes after 2.6.3
>(with 2.6.3-6 being the same as 2.7.0-1 changelogs apart). All subsequent
>freeze code fixes (and any documentation updates/corrections) have been in the
>upstream tarball apart from updating the debian/changelog as needed. [aside on
>why it become necessary to move changes back upstream to provide an upstream
>tarball for a bug in ruby1.9.2 with sisu]: As explained in an earlier unblock
>request, the change in upstream numbering (working upstream and opening 2.7
>series as opposed to patching 2.6.3) is, (apart from my being upstream for sisu
>and the the diff starting to become unnecessarily large), that there is an
>issue with ruby 1.9.2 (which segfaults) filed as a bug against ruby, that is
>easier to test with a current upstream tarball, so work on sisu which is
>currently only on Debian release (freeze) issues moved upstream to the 2.7
>series.  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=597953 )

[The following is an extract from 2.6.3-6 unblock request, and included with
subsequent unblock requests, explaining the reason for the change in freeze
patching strategy:]