Re: WebGUI and Debian Squeeze

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 20:02 +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 07/10/2010 16:39, Ernesto Hernández-Novich wrote:
> >
> > It will take me a couple of days before I either upload 7.8.24-2 (hi
> > gregoa!) or ask for webgui's removal from Squeeze.
>
> Well, I think that there is point in waiting for a couple of days.

I succesfully branched 7.8.24, backported the packaging fixes from
trunk, and backported the security patches sent by upstream. The
resulting package works fine and passes all the codebase tests.

> Now, we won't accept 7.9, and 7.8 seems unfixable according to your own words.

Turns out upstream helped identifying the needed backports and they were
applied.

> If we discover new unfixable security issues during Squeeze's lifetime,
> what would we do? Removing it from Squeeze *now* looks to me like the best
> option.

Finding a security issue on 7.9 could perhaps be backported, but once
7.10 comes out I wouldn't be so sure. I agree it's better to remove
7.8.24 from Squeeze, so please go ahead with that.

Too bad the release of 7.9 happened a day after the freeze :-/
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - @iamemhn - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.