Re: dict-gcide upload

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 09:18 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Will it be okay to upload dict-gcide (0.48-7) to Unstable ?
> This package has been uploaded to experimental today.
>
> This package is owned by the QA group and did not have a maintianer. I intend
> to maintain it. There is no active upstream but the amount of information this
> lexical database has is worthy enough to continue maintain it. So hopefully,
> as Debian, we'll have to carry further maintenance.

+  * Switch to 3.0 (quilt) source format

This really isn't a great change to be making at this point.  It made
generating a diff of the actual changes between -6 and -7 much more
difficult than it needed to be. :-(

You also appear to have introduced a build-dependency on quilt, which is
superfluous.

+  * Add debhelper to Build Depends
+  * Use dh_clean in clean target
+  * Add misc:Depends to Depends
+  * Use Debhelper compat level 7

What isn't the current "clean" target managing to clean up on its own?
The addition of dh_md5sums is also undocumented, afaics.

Regards,

Adam