Re: Support for Natty and Wheezy in xen-tools for Squeeze?

Hi Mehdi,

Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

> ok, please go ahead and let me know once the package has been accepted.

4.2 is released upstream now[1], 4.2-1 is uploaded to unstable:

Debian FTP Masters wrote:
> Subject; xen-tools_4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Ok, so here's again the debian changelog entry for 4.2-1. With the
exception of mentioning the updated debian/copyright plus the first
and last line it hasn't changed from my last mail/last debdiff:

xen-tools (4.2-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release
    - Fixes several cases of broken or incomplete config files with
      unexpected or seldom parameter combinations. (Closes: #484652)
    - Updates examples in /etc/xen-tools.conf to better reflect current
      state
    - Allows usage of xvc* as serial console as used as default by older
      Xen versions.
    - Preliminary support for Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) and Debian 7.0 (Wheezy)
      (Closes: #597521)
    - Switches default mirror for EoL'ed Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid) and Debian
      4.0 (Etch) to the distributions' archives for old releases.
  * Does no more try extract the upstream changelog during debian package
    build. The commit which introduced this problem has been reverted.
    Document more clearly in debian/README.source how to build the package
    from a checked out copy of the git repository, especially that the
    upstream changelog has to be generated first out of the VCS log.
    (Closes: #595883)
  * Update debian/copyright: Add Stephane Jourdois to list of authors.

 -- Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>  Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:01:49 +0200

git shortlog of what happened since I sent the debdiff in my last mail:

Axel Beckert (11):
      README: Remove obsolete paragraph about older versions of Ubuntu
      README: Remove nearly obsolete comment on LP#539814 as it's fixed in lucid-proposed-updates
      Move Stephane to the list of primary authors
      Encode AUTHORS in UTF-8
      README: Reword some paragraphs; add xt-guess-suite-and-mirror
      Update authorship and copyright in bin/* and debian/copyright
      Some TODOs for xen-update-image
      Add Jorge Armando Medina to list of contributors
      Update comment about Radu being Debian package maintainer in list of contributors
      Move availability info to the end of the README's About section
      debian/changelog: UNRELEASED -> unstable

Dmitry Nedospasov (4):
      Minor Changes to README
      Add note for fs=xfs, sort options alphabetically
      Alphabetical order
      Minor changes to documentation of xen-create-image

All changes mentioned in the shortlog above (and therefore since my
last mail) are only in either documentation files or in the POD part
of perl scripts:

git diff --stat since then:

 AUTHORS                       |   10 ++--
 README                        |   45 ++++++---------
 TODO                          |    8 +++
 bin/xen-create-image          |  123 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 bin/xen-create-nfs            |   12 ++--
 bin/xen-delete-image          |   13 ++--
 bin/xen-list-images           |   11 ++--
 bin/xen-resize-guest          |   10 ++--
 bin/xen-update-image          |   13 ++--
 bin/xt-create-xen-config      |   13 ++--
 bin/xt-customize-image        |   11 ++--
 bin/xt-guess-suite-and-mirror |    8 ++-
 bin/xt-install-image          |   13 ++--
 debian/changelog              |    5 +-
 debian/copyright              |    6 +-

The big amount of changes in bin/xen-create-image was the reordering
of list of options, the remaining changes in bin/ were mostly
copyright updates.

I'd be happy if this upload could be unblocked for Squeeze.

  [1] http://xen-tools.org/software/xen-tools/releases.html

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin