Re: Future freeze exception for docbook-xsl, docbook-xsl-ns, docbook-xsl-doc 1.76.0

Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Sep  1, 2010 at 21:00:00 +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
>
>> Finally the first release candidate of docbook-xsl 1.76.0 has been
>> released and I would like to get version 1.76.0 into Squeeze.
>>
> I'm a bit hesitant with this as docbook-xsl is used by quite a few
> packages' build processes.  What's the likelyhood of regressions there?

First: I'm in vacation, so nothing will happen before September 12th and I'll
probably be unsable to naswer before Sunday.

Second: Release 1.76.0 is the same code as 1.76.0-RC1 without changes.

The new release contains almost bug-fixes. A few of them have already been
tested by Debian users (e.g. the portable apostrophe fix). Of course
there are also changes not yet tested. Unfortunately there isn't a test-
suite to test for regressions. There is just some crude test-suite for manual
pages.

What I can do is to test packages build-depending on docbook-xsl(-ns) and
check the results and tell you then. This can happen next week.

I would really like to get this release into Squeeze, but I understand your
objections.

Regards, Daniel