Re: libsoqt3-20 is linked against Qt 4 (should be Qt 3)

Dear Release Team,

Please unblock soqt to fix bug #593798 as described below.
The change is only in debian files (control and rules).

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 04:43:40PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 09:36 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> > > libsoqt3 should be linked against Qt 3 but actually it is linked
> > > against Qt 4 (apart from the suffix, there is no difference between
> > > libsoqt3 and libsoqt4).

> > I can see a few options:
> >
> >   1. Fix present source package to build libsoqt3-20 properly.
> >      That may take me a couple of weeks to get to.
> >
> >   2. Use present source package, removing libsoqt3-20 and libsoqt3-dev.
> >      This option takes a couple of days.
> >
> >   3. Package new upstream (1.5.0 released March 2010) that provides
> >      improved support for Qt4.  This will take me a couple of weeks.
>
> Given that nothing in the archive uses the Qt3 libraries, either of #1
> or #2 should be ok.  Hopefully a fix could be found more quickly
> though. :)

I tried option #1, but the code doesn't actually build with Qt3
anymore, so I went with option #2.

Thanks,
-Steve