Re: Hypre transition

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 17:38 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Adam,
>
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:23:36AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > I'd like to move the hypre package from version 2.4.0b to 2.6.0b.  Its
> > shared libs are used directly by petsc and elmerfem, and indirectly by a
> > handful of petsc's reverse-depends (deal.ii, dolfyn, life, slepc).
>
> you didn't mention why you need this transition.

More advanced features in the new library, and the alioth repository has
an RC bug fix and other changes mixed in with the new version changes,
so it would take a bit of time to untangle them.

> Furthermore it seems unlikely to accept any further transitions at this
> point.

I understand.  I'll proceed with the untangling in the next few days,
unless I hear from you or others on the list first.

Thanks,
Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/