ICU status check

Hello again.  I know the release team hasn't forgotten about the ICU
transition, but I'm now faced with a bit of dilema.  Upstream is already
starting with testing for 4.6, and debian hasn't even got 4.4 yet.  I
would like to be able to start using experimental to stage 4.6
milestones, but I've got 4.4 there.  So I have two choices...either wait
to start testing the 4.6 milestones until after the transition, or go
ahead and start with the transition and then just upload 4.4 to unstable
whenever you give the okay.  The past few ICU transitions have been very
smooth because the ICU team is careful about source compatibility and
the ICU packages are structured so that binary NMUs are sufficient for
most of ICU's reverse dependencies.

So, I don't want to nag since I know the release team is busy managing
many conflicting priorities, but I'd like to get some sense of when I
can upload ICU 4.4.  If it's "soon", I'll wait on uploading the 4.6 test
releases.  If not, then I may just go ahead and start on 4.6 with
experimental.  However, I will still want to upload 4.4 to unstable.

Thanks.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>