Re: blacs-mpi/scalapack transition

Hi,

2010/5/19 Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org>:
> Hi again,
>
> On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 13:24 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 20:16 -0430, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> Luk, thanks for pointing out this bug which was recently filed.  I had
>> not seen it, and was unaware of this issue blocking blacs-mpi and
>> scalapack from entering testing.  I'm closing my bug against
>> release.debian.org .
>
> It's been another four months since an upload which fixed this problem.
> There are no open bugs against blacs-mpi, scalapack, or mumps.
>
> Any ideas on why they're still not transitioning?  Is there an old
> binary package blocking migration?

Regarding, scalapack and blacs-pvm, I did other uploads where I fixed
some problems into debian/control file in both of them. Now, I will be
doing an upload of blacs-mpi, soon. Looking at the 'excuses' pages of
the packages blacs-mpi still is the blocker¹:

* trying to update blacs-mpi from 1.1-28 to 1.1-28.2 (candidate is 370 days old)
* Updating blacs-mpi makes 1 depending packages uninstallable on i386:
blacs-pvm-test
* Updating blacs-mpi makes 6 non-depending packages uninstallable on
i386: scalapack-lam-dev, scalapack-lam-test, scalapack-mpich-dev,
scalapack-mpich-test, scalapack1-lam, scalapack1-mpich

I have taken a look at blacs-mpi and I don't see anything wrong on it.
Anyways, this package was built one year ago. Maybe it is needed to
rebuilt it again into the new conditions in unstable. Adam, would you
sponsor this upload?

If anyone have an idea on what is not letting blacs-mpi enter to
testing, I'd appreciate another point of view.

Regards,

1. http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=blacs-mpi
--
Muammar El Khatib.