Re: binNMU kdebindings?

On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 19:24 +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> python-kde4 is currently uninstallable due to invalid
> dependencies. According to
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=567528#54
> a simple rebuild fixed the problem.

Which is intriguing, given that it was a binNMU that created the problem
in the first place... :-)

> Thus I want to ask whether it makes sense to binNMU
> kdebindings because I want to start packaging jockey
> and due to this bug I cannot do this.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571924#12 suggests that
binNMUs won't help.  The dependency chain pulls in the python-sip
package rather than python-sip4, yet the shlib generation expects to be
able to determine the version of the python-sip4 package; hence the
"none" ending up in relations.

Regards,

Adam