Re: squeeze-ignore (was: potential removals from testing)

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:07:53AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > #502751
> >   package: clamav-getfiles
> >   subject: clamav-getfiles: piuparts test fails: eicar.com md5sum
> > mismatch, file needs downloading
> >   tags: lenny-ignore patch
>
> upstream. sigh. I'm near to hijacking the packagre and uploading with
> the eicar file derived from the wikipedia.

as is said, i'll talk to the maintainer who has already indicated that
he would be ok with a removal from testing as well. please note that the
only argument so far for that file being free/fair use is it's brevity,
which at least in germany has nothing to do with "schoepfungshoehe" (not
my interpretation but that of an actual IP lawyer)...

> > #505111
> >   package: rescue
> >   subject: rescue-mode md auto-assembly could cause data loss
> >   tags: lenny-ignore
>
> no comment since December 2008. I'm not going to tag that
> squeeze-ignore (and btw, I think even the lenny-ignore wasn't ok.)

i'll put it on the list of packages to remove from testing then...

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com