Re: xmms2 0.7DrNo for squeeze

Am Dienstag, den 16.03.2010, 15:07 +0100 schrieb Julien Cristau:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 01:24:51 +0100, Benjamin Drung wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The xmms2 packagers team (or at least me and some xmms2 devolopers) like
> > to see xmms2 0.7DrNo in squeeze. The transition is blocked by a FTBFS on
> > hppa [1] and a segmentation fault of gcc on armel. Both issues are not
> > xmms2's fault.
> >
> However that doesn't prevent the xmms2 maintainers from working on them,
> or trying to work around them in xmms2.  Is the armel FTBFS reproducible
> with -O0?  Have you tried coming up with a small testcase and reporting
> the bug to gcc upstream?

Nothing was done on the armel FTBFS front yet.

> Have you tried investigating and working
> around the waf hppa fail?

I assume that it is not waf's fault, because we switched from system waf
to a use a local copy. Maybe it's a vfork/fork issue, because no child
process was started:

Checking for compiler flags -Wstrict-prototypes     : make: *** wait: No
child processes.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
E: Caught signal 'Terminated': terminating immediately
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_configure] Terminated
Build killed with signal TERM after 300 minutes of inactivity

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)