Re: Upcoming potential haskell breakage in testing

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 27.01.2010, 22:51 +0000 schrieb Adam D. Barratt:
> The upcoming lenny point release includes a fix to ghc6 to resolve a
> deadlock issue on 64-bit architectures, together with a number of
> binNMUs for affected packages on those architectures.
>
> ghc6 has not managed to build on ia64 since the release of lenny and the
> package has therefore not managed to migrate to testing in that time;
> many of the affected packages have also not had a source upload in the
> same period.  As a result, in order to maintain the property that
> ver(stable) <= ver(testing) <= ver(unstable) for any given package on
> any given architecture, a side-effect of the point release will be that
> the new ghc6 source package and many of the binNMUs will be pushed in to
> testing from stable; in some cases, the binNMUs will also be propagated
> to unstable.
>
> A list of the affected packages can be found at
> http://release.debian.org/~adsb/haskell_testing.txt and
> http://release.debian.org/~adsb/haskell_unstable.txt

thanks for the heads up. From my POV, I can see no issues with these
uploads. Binaries built from Haskell sources are independent from
haskell-libraries and such, therefore, no breakage should occur.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner