Re: Please let brltty_4.1-3 enter testing

Hello Samuel,

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt, le Tue 05 Jan 2010 19:17:55 +0000, a écrit :
>> On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 14:08 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> > brltty_4.1-3 contains an important fix (and only that, along disabling
>> > java while the build-deps are being fixed) for the Debian Installer,
>> > could you let it enter testing to make sure it makes it for the first
>> > alpha release?
>>
>> Unfortunately, it also FTBFS on kfreebsd-*; specifically:
>>
>> In file included from ../../Programs/usb_kfreebsd.c:35:
>> ../../Programs/usb_bsd.h: In function 'usbSetTimeout':
>> ../../Programs/usb_bsd.h:34: error: 'USB_SET_TIMEOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> ../../Programs/usb_bsd.h:34: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> ../../Programs/usb_bsd.h:34: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>
>> and similar for another three USB_ constants.
>
> I know, but I was advised to ignore kFreeBSD at the time because porting
> wasn't so trivial and debian-boot wanted to release asap. That said,
> since then kFreeBSD started providing a legacy compatibility interface
> that can be used, shall I upload a version that just adds a patch using
> it?

We're indeed in hurry for releasing however kFreeBSD is considered a
release arch however I talked to RM and it is not possible to accept
it in testing without it having been built for kFreeBSD so please
upload it with the patch you mention and bump the priority of it to
get it built and ready for testing soon.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br