Request unblock for snort 2.8.5.2-5 (in 7 days)

Dear Release Managers

I was prompted to do an upload of Snort (2.8.5.2-3) last Monday by
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl's intent to NMU in order to fix one RC bug
(#603428. #566308). However, the patch provided by Alexander changed
ostensibly the way the snort configuration file was handled and,
unfortunately, caused new RC bugs to pop up: mainly 607678 and 607751.
These bugs were not detected by Alexander or by myself as we did not
adequately test the new Snort packages.

Unfortunately, since the first Snort upload (2.8.5.2-3) last Monday I
lost my Internet connection and have had only sporadic e-mail access.
I have, however, been able to work on new packages for Snort
(2.8.5.2-4 and, the last version 2.8.5.2-5) which fix all the RC bugs
introduced. I have intensively tested this last 2.8.5.2-5 version both
for new installations and upgrades and is mostly lintian clean. It's
been uploaded recently, it should hit the archive soon and
auto-builders should start picking it up.

I see two options here, either keep Snort in squeeze at its 2.8.5.2-2
version (and ignore the RC bug 603428) or upgrade to the latest
version 2.8.5.2-5 after some time passes (1 week?) and fix this bug
but with a small risk of introducing new bugs. Another option is to
drop Snort completely from Squeeze.

I would suggest going ahead with 2.8.5.2-5, after it stays in unstable
for a few days and it gets some testing.

Attached is the diff file of the 2.8.5.2-5 vs the 2.8.5.2-2  release
for your consideration.

Best Regards and Merry Xmas!

Javier