Re: RC bug #527862: libmilter1.0.1: segfault in libmilter - using milter-greylist and mimedefang - both dies

fixed 527862 8.14.4-1
severity 527862 important
close 527862
thanks

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:
> first my apologies for this mass mailing but as the problem described in the
> subject affects a dozen of programs (at least according to their Depends-field)
> I thought it would be beneficial to allow everybody to participate in this
> "conversation". The issue at hand is that a bug in the current version of
> libmilter which is available in Debian Squeeze (8.14.3-9.4) leads to sefaults
> of the affected programs when hit my milter requests. Affected packages are:

You've reopened the bug, which is an indication that the underlying
problem wasn't fixed at all. However, the patch has been applied, and
the issue fixed in unstable, and only an unblock or a t-p-u upload is
required to fix the issue. I have rectified this for you. You may want
to read up on BTS versioning if this is unfamiliar to you.

Secondly, this issue is not grave, as it doesn't make the package in
question useless or mostly so, nor does it expose user accounts. I
have return its severity to important; the release team and/or Richard
can of course make the issue RC.

Furthermore, it's not necessary to e-mail anyone else but the package
maintainer, the bug, and possibly debian-release if the package
maintainer doesn't respond.

Don Armstrong

--
Our days are precious, but we gladly see them going
If in their place we find a thing more precious growing