Re: [RC: #598639] foomatic-gui/printconf: Not working in modern CUPS environments

On 11/27/2010 02:01 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:

> as discussed over IRC and at the Bern BSP, I propose to remove the
> foomatic-gui source package altogether from Squeeze (at least), for
> the following reasons:
>
> * Doesn't work with CUPS (the most used printing system), see this
> bug log, * Is basically not maintained, see the bugs reported on it,
>  and their ages.

I've added a removal hint for it.

> * a bug on tasksel, (printconf is in desktop and print-server)

A fix will be comitted in tasksel's Git repository (and an upload will
follow).

> * a bug on brdesktop-common, which recommends printconf.

Julien reported #605595 earlier today... I'll followup there about
foomatic-gui.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي