Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:25:42 +0000
From: Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org>
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: Release Update - Upgrades, deep freeze info, BSPs

Hello!

It's time for another release update as we move, like a glacier,
inevitably and unstoppingly towards the release.

Release notes and upgrade/installation reports
Help is needed in this area. On one hand:

* since Squeeze is almost in its final form, it is a good time for the
brave to upgrade their systems, and inform of any troubles by filing a
bug against the upgrade-reports package.

* if you have new systems to install, testing of the Debian Installer
would be most welcome. As usual, please report any problems by filing
bugs against the installation-reports package.

On the other hand, we also need help in processing those bug reports,
particularly those filed against upgrade-reports. If you think you could
help with this, please do! Work involves figuring out what went wrong
with the upgrade, filing bug against the involved packages if
appropriate, and/or documenting the issue or workarounds in the Release
Notes.

We would also like help with letting everyone know what a great release
Squeeze will be, via the New In Squeeze page.

http://wiki.debian.org/NewInSqueeze
http://bugs.debian.org/release-notes
http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes
http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/installmanual