Re: sendmail 8.1.4.4-1(was: Re: Richard A Nelson (Rick) <cowboy@debian.org> MIA)

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 12:52:06PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 08:09 +0100, Harald Jenny wrote:
> [...]
> > > 	sendmail_8.14.4-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable
> [...]
> > > So, barring bugs, it should hit testing soon
> >
> > Thanks - and I hope the release team will allow this transition to take place.

Hi Adam

> Which libmilter problem are you referring to?  There don't appear to be
> any RC bugs closed by the upload.

Well I tried to change bug http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=527862
to severity grave as I thought this would make this a release-critical bug but
failed to do so, please see the last mail in the thread before the solved
message (not enough experience with bugs.debian.org yet).

> With a little massaging of the diff (tarball-in-tarball with versioned
> directory names sucks), I can get down to

> but that's still quite large for an update at this point. :-/

I know this but the above mentioned bug make almost any software depending on
libmilter unusable (or at least unstable) and as this release was uploaded to
unstable already it won't be possible to only get the important changes for
libmilter in an updated 8.14.3 version.

> Regards,
>
> Adam

Kind regards