Re: please unblock package: open-iscsi

On 10/25/2010 04:31 PM, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 10:02 AM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>> Hello Release Team,
>>
>> I have just uploaded open-iscsi to unstable. It adds the feature of
>> iSCSI Boot support for NICs that have native iSCSI support.
>>
>> Please allow this upload to propogate to Squeeze. Debdiff attached.
>>

> Can you me please tell how this change matches the freeze criteria we
> described in our last mail [1] to debian-devel-announce?
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/10/msg00002.html

I guess this is a request for a freeze exception and not a simple
unblock request.

IMHO it would be better to make a clear distinction so simple unblock
requests that should comply with the freeze guidelines could be
prioritised and freeze exception requests could be investigated on a
case by case basis with a lower priority and a higher chance of getting
denied.

This particular case I would be tempted to unblock though.

Cheers

Luk