Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges

[Michael Biebl]
> One suggestion is to use group "admin". Ubuntu has been using that
> group for exactly the purpose what we are going for and I think it
> is a pretty adequate name.

The Ubuntu use of the group 'admin' have caused some problems here at
the university where I work on integrating Ubuntu into our existing
infrastructure, because we already have a group 'admin' with the
people working at the university administration section.  And trust
me, all of these should not have administrative privileges on the
Ubuntu computers. :)

So I would suggest to use a name that is more likely to be unique.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen