Re: vidalia l10n fixes to t-p-u

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 06:37 -0300, Dererk wrote:
> I'm asking for a pre-approval to upload vidalia to t-p-u.
> The package in unstable includes a new upstream release, and basically
> this pkg version deals just with improving user experience (#592773).
> It went through exhaustive l10n English review and l10n translation
> round.

Was README.Debian part of that review?  From a few minutes looking
through the diff:

+1. Re/Configure Vidalia not to let Tor to start and simply start Vidalia.

s/to start/start/

+2. Enable CookieAuthentication at tor's config, and grab
+    /var/lib/tor/control_auth_cookie    (RECOMMENDED for strength security)

s/at/in/, s/strength/greater/

+3. Enable ControlPort and use HashedControlPassword got from
+    'tor --hash-password'.

s/got//

+That means that Vidalia needs to talk to the Tor software for configuring
+different aspects of the Tor Network, view its status at a glance,

s/view/&ing/

+The component of the Tor software that Vidalia talks to is a daemon process,
+which works on background without any user interaction required.

s/on background/in the background/

+Vidalia support three different ways of talking to Tor:

s/support/supports/

+ This is default option on debconf while configuring vidalia package, handled

s/default/the &/

+   *********************** FOR PARANOIDS ONLY ***************************

Sounds odd. Maybe s/PARANOIDS/PARANOID PEOPLE/ ?

+   |	In the remote and unlikely event of existing a bug on the 	|

s/existing a bug on/a bug existing in/

+   |	Tor routing algorithm or implementation itself, it might 	|
+   |	_relatively_ easy, or unless possible, for a remote user to	|
+   |	access to the user's launching Vidalia information,		|

s/might/might be/, s/unless possible/at least possible/ (at least I
guess that's what you were trying to say), s/access to/access/

+   |	This will be much more difficult if you run Vidalia on any 	|
+   |          of the next two alternatives described below.		|

s/on/using/ (still not quite right, but better), s/next two/two/
(they're below, the next is redundant)

+  * The better password is the one you don't have to know about *

s/better/best/

+ This method consists in a password-less authentication. This means
+  you wont have to remember any password, but you'll have to grab a

s/consists in/consists of/, s/wont/won't/

+ To enable this profile, edit Tor configuration file, by default at
+  '/etc/tor/torrc', add or uncomment the 'CookieAuthentication' value
+  and setting it to 1.

s/edit Tor/edit the Tor/, s/setting/set/

+            DO NOT share this file to anyone, Tor rests on it!

s/file to anyone/file with anyone/

+  to grab a different cookie file every time you restart the Tor process,
+  on contrast to the next methods.

s/on contrast/in contrast/

+ This is my prefer and recommended method, simple and easy, no passwords.

s/prefer/preferred/

+  uncomment the 'ControlPort 9051' option, and adding the output
+  you get from tor to 'HashedControlPassword', as shown here:

s/adding/add/

+  not the hash), an will start a secure authentication. That's all!

s/an/and/

Regards,

Adam