unblock request for sisu 2.7.6-1 (reliability fixes for Squeeze (as documented))

Severity: normal

Please unblock sisu 2.7.6 for Squeeze.

(this is an updated version of the unblock request for 2.7.5, that was sent
recently on 2010-10-10 and which had not yet been acted upon, if you are
working on that only the git commits and debian/changelog for 2.7.6 have been
added to the request)

Development of sisu has been frozen in sync with the Squeeze freeze, and
changes relate to code fixes or documentation, in this case primarily code
fixes.

The current version in testing is 2.7.2-1

The changes in 2.7.3, 2.7.4, 2.7.5 and 2.7.6 are fixes Squeeze (primarily code
rather than documentation updates).

fixes include:

* codeblock line-continuation backslashes were dropped, this is fixed
* odf breaks with the use of angle brackets in certain circumstances, fixed
* odf images missing, fixed
* images used to scale (html, epub, odt, pdf), scaling enabled through
  correction of regex
* other minor fixes as documented

Testing of sisu may have been a bit more rigorous since debian-live recently
started using sisu with debian-live, both the responsibility of making sure it
works for that project (sisu was not originally designed for technical
writing), and a number of the fixes were for issues found by others, (in the
case of this unblock request Mark Schneider who is active in debian-live with
the live-manual) as documented below.

I am upstream for sisu the development of which has likewise been frozen since
the Debian freeze to ensure a stable sisu version release with Squeeze. Freeze
development moved upstream to the 2.7 series from debian.changes after 2.6.3
(with 2.6.3-6 being the same as 2.7.0-1 changelogs apart). All subsequent
freeze code fixes (and any documentation updates/corrections) have been in the
upstream tarball apart from updating the debian/changelog as needed. [aside on
why it become necessary to move changes back upstream to provide an upstream
tarball for a bug in ruby1.9.2 with sisu]: As explained in an earlier unblock
request, the change in upstream numbering (working upstream and opening 2.7
series as opposed to patching 2.6.3) is, (apart from my being upstream for sisu
and the the diff starting to become unnecessarily large), that there is an
issue with ruby 1.9.2 (which segfaults) filed as a bug against ruby, that is
easier to test with a current upstream tarball, so work on sisu which is
currently only on Debian release (freeze) issues moved upstream to the 2.7
series.  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=597953 )

For the convenience of the Release Team I append the debian/changelog and the
online git repository.

I get to a stage where I expect this unblock request to be my last for Squeeze
[written for 2.7.5 unblock request, in light of which it is revealed to be an
unwise statement]. (But I/we continue to seek bugs, and we will continue to try
fix code to make it as fit as it can be for Squeeze). I think this round of
fixes justifies an unblock request, which I hope the release team will see fit
to grant.

Thanks Release Team, for your work (and for your patience). Thanks Julien
Cristau, Mehdi Dogguy and Neil McGovern for previous unblocks on sisu (and
sister package sisu-markup-samples).

Thank you,
Ralph Amissah

*- debian/changelog -*
2.7.6-1
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sisu/current/changelog#versionversion2.7.6-1
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=995b636b1a2d1703c58cc7999b4aa8268334a26a
2.7.5-1
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sisu/current/changelog#versionversion2.7.5-1
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=ec6ba24105cb753edddbd11d17e243089d36ca04
2.7.4-1
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sisu/current/changelog#versionversion2.7.4-1
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=ea6ddaad2ec16c77839114a532156877cc5bd777
2.7.3-1
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sisu/current/changelog#versionversion2.7.3-1
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=93799015a01dd9e102e08904178cb8b10126f964

sisu (2.7.6-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  [ Ralph Amissah ] - debian freeze, code fixes
  * texpdf, codeblocks, code-line continuation backslash dropped, fix
    (requested fix, Ben Armstrong)
  * shared_metadata, odf, url characters to not match
  * sisu_convert, basic conversion script, preliminary fix
  * CHANGELOG v2, recount where some requests came from
  * changelog & version updates

 -- Ralph Amissah <ralph@amissah.com>  Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:43:27 -0400

sisu (2.7.5-1) unstable; urgency=medium

 [ Ralph Amissah ] - debian freeze, code fixes
 * odt fix cornercase breakage matching and representing "&nbsp", "&" and urls
   * odf, "&nbsp" and "&"
     (prior to this fix, odt for viral_spiral is broken in sisu-markup-samples)
   * shared_metadata, "&nbsp", "&" and urls in metadata
   more consistent open document text results
 * param, metadata rights, keep colon separator from interfering with urls
 * changelog & version updates

 -- Ralph Amissah <ralph@amissah.com>  Sat, 09 Oct 2010 23:18:59 -0400

sisu (2.7.4-1) unstable; urgency=medium

 [ Ralph Amissah ] - debian freeze, code fixes
   (requested fixes related to image scaling; behaviour testing & request by
   Mark Schneider)
 * epub (epub_tune) scaling of images, fix
 * html (html_tune) scaling of images, fix
 * odf:odt, incorporation and scaling of images, fix
 * texpdf, scaling of images (below the set max size), fix
 * changelog & version updates

 -- Ralph Amissah <ralph@amissah.com>  Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:27:28 -0400

sisu (2.7.3-1) unstable; urgency=medium

 [ Ralph Amissah ] - debian freeze, code fixes (& minor documentation fix)
 * dal_images, where image dimensions are set in an object, use those
   (requested fix, behaviour testing & request by Mark Schneider)
 * hub, fix sisu breakage when -y (manifest) is run without the explicit or
   implicit calling of -m (creation of document abstraction for processing),
   (e.g. when --source or --sisupod is called on its own).
 * urls, cleaning
 * a few aliases added (long options)
 * sisu_markup.sst, document a fix (v1 & 2)

 -- Ralph Amissah <ralph@amissah.com>  Thu, 07 Oct 2010 10:04:02 -0400

*- git repo --*
upstream
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/upstream
debian/sid
http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian/sid

2.7.6-1 ----- Release in Unstable, Current Unblock Request
[Ralph Amissah] comment and commitdiff

 debian/changelog 2.7.6-1  debian/sid debian/2.7.6-1
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=995b636b1a2d1703c58cc7999b4aa8268334a26a

 Merge branch 'upstream' into debian/sid
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=a852856b10efdcdab044c9f85ba4311b3f71a59f

 update version (2.7.6)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=b55b1ef471db6594db0b8cb270feaa6fdaad22ba

 texpdf, codeblocks, code-line continuation backslash...
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=d9d0054e9f197b006577ecb3ff26b1abb1b16926

 shared_metadata, odf, url characters to not match
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=4f2d1d3fb3b7566d4434a2910491c780d26890b7

 sisu_convert, basic conversion script, preliminary fix
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=3ca7f281d098dcc96ad89dba85839764856ac703

 CHANGELOG v2, recount where some requests came from
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=6cc087866fc00362d178653733543ecd1bc03a23

 sha256 (2.7.5) also date
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=f3bf535de48ff8b5f236e975ce749c80db6ae046

2.7.5-1 ----- Release
[Ralph Amissah] comment and commitdiff

 debian/changelog 2.7.5-1
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=ec6ba24105cb753edddbd11d17e243089d36ca04

 Merge branch 'upstream' into debian/sid
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=74c8847f7a177e934837e8bd2560336fe6712acb

 version date
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=41902ef3d2d741e9b207a01b9a3a6ddba771ae47

 update version (2.7.5)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=10b211ff0cd222f792c3523a5d6abf0bfcc4b578

 param, metadata rights, keep colon separator from inter...
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=fb20770a4b7f21e6f8b2ef975b0a77eab637ff50

 odt fix cornercase breakage matching and representing...
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=7010772e78d181be3a8ba304387d94b8f4825ea7

 sha256 (2.7.4)  upstream
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=1c84bbb8c41ff546ae007dd85f75a7a12023cdb9

2.7.4-1 ----- Release
[Ralph Amissah] comment and commitdiff

 debian/changelog 2.7.4-1
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=ea6ddaad2ec16c77839114a532156877cc5bd777

 Merge branch 'upstream' into debian/sid
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=b65795fbab7b4145fe09e22779394e039ac1a034

 update version (2.7.4)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=2f0b6b2850019295b592acdb98f7fb8b7cf47aff

 epub (epub_tune) scaling of images, fix (+changelog)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=50137a3afe66bc2f3604e3495a4290fd04348489

 html (html_tune) scaling of images, fix (+changelog)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=bbcd934bd6b3ca45816a26d8a27dd917caa29f2d

 odf:odt, incorporation and scaling of images, fix ...
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=20d511b8b4113c76619875920f50a04758bfba00

 texpdf, scaling of images (below the set max size)...
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=c7f4ff94b232adac607f0a8ad4ca00ee619a4bec

 sha256 (2.7.3)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=79ef5fd0725d0c92c18e73fa4a56b0a491d32544

2.7.3-1 ----- Release
[Ralph Amissah] comment and commitdiff

 debian/changelog 2.7.3-1
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=93799015a01dd9e102e08904178cb8b10126f964

 Merge branch 'upstream' into debian/sid
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=42d7710823483e419854e143561e543144871650

 sisu_markup.sst, document a fix (v1 & 2)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=6bd30f0b3c61f93be345739a1608983828712a46

 dal_images, where image dimensions are set in an object...
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=c7bd43fb216440fa940583fb218446b053f1eea6

 version & changelog 2.7.3 (squeeze freeze, fixes)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=6c5d44dae66faf4c0af427579ed278633da6a06a

 hub, fix breakage when -y (manifest) is run without -m
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=daf29aa25fe25b1d435ef3c29ad12c5bd44ffe18

 urls, cleaning
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=3eaa952ac05221faa8e558aba79811025fdfdb50

 a few aliases added (long options)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=86c848ac4cc3422ab72a5931c0aa24e6ef8982b7

 sha256 (2.7.2)
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=f019e7fa052047b0335ec7e9fc6cd5e643f25dda

2.7.2-1 ----- Release in Testing, Previous Unblock Request
[Ralph Amissah] comment and commitdiff

 debian/changelog 2.7.2-1
 http://git.sisudoc.org/?p=code/sisu.git;a=commitdiff;h=ed920e62298cdd16268e642c06e03b07af35f58d

*- unblock history -*

This is the fifth unblock request on the package sisu after the freeze (blame
additional testing by the live-manual (debian-live) members for the last two).

2.6.3-4 code and documentation fixes
contributed for Squeeze.
first was granted  by Julien Cristau (for which thanks, he
also dealt with an unblock request on a sister package "sisu-markup-samples");

2.6.3-5 bug fix #596736 for Squeeze. Primarily a bug-fix.
the second unblock request Mehdi Dogguy (thank you).

2.6.3-6 Documentation and reliability fix.
third unblock request, Neil McGovern (thank you)

2.7.2-1 (2.7.0 - 2.7.2 bug fix #598063 and other fixes)
the fourth unblock request Mehdi Dogguy (thank you).

#2.7.5-1 (2.7.3 - 2.7.5 bug fixes, requested fixes)
#the fifth unblock request, OVERTAKEN

2.7.6-1 (2.7.3 - 2.7.6 bug fixes, requested fixes)
the fifth unblock request, overtaken

The following is an extract from the previous unblock request, explaining the
reason for the change in freeze patching strategy: