Re: advice for syncevolution in squeeze

On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 18:33 +0100, David Bremner wrote:
> I need some advice for how to proceed for syncevolution.  Around the
> time of the freeze, I asked on the upstream list for any serious issues
> with the debian packages, and not receiving any reports, decided to
> stick with the version in squeeze. However, upstream has since brought
> to my attention
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=582376#31) that
> several fairly severe upstream have been fixed in more recent versions.
> I have looked at the first 3 or 4, and they do involve data loss.

It all depends on what your users are doing. The 1.0 beta 2 in Squeeze
is fine for the original goal of SyncEvolution, syncing with web
servers. But syncing with phones, the new feature in 1.0, definitely has
issues in beta 2. My hope always was that Debian would be able to switch
to the version that we consider as the stable one.

> I suppose the diff between upstream versions is pretty enormous, but
> there are a lot of bugs fixed.

Well, we don't stand still ;-}

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly