Re: Accepted wireshark 1.2.10-2+squeeze1 (source i386)
2010/9/30 Adam D. Barratt <email@example.com>:
> On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 23:28 +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:
>> There would be another path to go with wireshark.
>> Would you like the idea of allowing 1.2.11-2 to go to testing if I fix
>> the regression introduced by 1.2.11?
> Which of the fixes in 1.2.11 aren't (or are, if that's easier) including
> in the t-p-u package?
I referenced the source patch for the changes in 1.2.10-2+squeeze1's changelog:
* Backport changes from 1.2.11
- Fix segmentation fault (Closes: #597703)
- Fix inifinite loop in Bootstrap Protocol dissector
-> 0015-Pick-up-change-from-trunk.patch -
- Fix crash in RTSP dissector
(fix crash in RTSP dissector)
- Fix crash when filtering packets based on expert info
(fix crash in ftype-tvbuff.c)
- Fix crash when generating PostScript output\
The difference between 1.2.10-2+squeeze1 and 1.2.11-1 is still
significant, but I think those are low-risk changes.
I have uploaded 1.2.11-2 in the meantime:
wireshark (1.2.11-2) unstable; urgency=low
Fix the libsmi workaround by adding missing brackets.
* backport fix for IP header checksum calculation regression introduced
* [Debconf translation updates]
- Vietnamese (Clytie Siddall). (Closes: #598498).
[ Daniel T Chen ]
Handle event handler being invoked recursively. Fix backported from
upstream SVN r33906. Thanks, Gregor Beck!
I reverted the regression and added important fixes.
(22_lp606063-fix-assertion-capture_start.patch is in squeeze already).
I think 1.2.11-2 is a good candidate for being included in Squeeze and
we could return to the unstable -> testing migration path.