Re: status of libjpeg6b1 transition

On Wed, Oct  6, 2010 at 10:35:30 +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:

> Dear Debian release team,
> I would like to enquire about the status of the libjpeg6b1 transition.

I scheduled binNMUs in unstable a while back, and then for some of the
holdouts in testing.

> According to my computation, there 512 binaries packages in squeeze that link against libjpeg62,
> 466 of them have been rebuild against libjpeg6b1. So it remains 46 packages that did not.
> This corresponds to the 17 source packages, assumong I did not miss anything.
>
> abiword

Need to schedule +b2 in testing for a few more archs, and then binNMU
python-abiword in unstable and testing.

> cegui-mk2

I'm not seeing that depending on libjpeg62 anywhere?

> emboss

RC buggy, will have to get fixed or removed before release.

> hdf5

No libjpeg62 deps that I can see.

> jpeginfo
> jpegoptim
> jpegpixi

Looks like I missed those 3.

> lsb
> open-font-design-toolkit

False positives.

> pyabiword

See above about abiword.

> seaview

Non-free, leaf package, I think we can live without rebuilding that one.

> spandsp

Doesn't have a libjpeg62 dep.

> uvccapture

Will do.

> vdr

Should be able to migrate from unstable if they fix the vdr-buildpackage
script.

> warsow
> wings3d

Will do.

> xmame

Needs obsolete binaries removed from unstable.

Cheers,
Julien