Re: Accepted wireshark 1.2.10-2+squeeze1 (source i386)

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 21:48 +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Sorry,  I haven't contacted the Release Team beforehand.
> It seemed to me that contacting them beforehand was optional, but I had to
> contact them approval after the successful builds.

The issue is that once a package in testing-proposed-updates is approved
by us, it migrates to testing on the next britney run with none of the
period of testing it would have had with the normal unstable to testing
migration path.

(There are people with t-p-u in their apt sources list, but that's
generally not a good idea right now as there's no technical restriction
on what can be uploaded there).

> I'll contact them next time before the first upload.

Thanks.

> Originally I planned asking for an unblock request for 1.2.11-1, but
> it introduced a regression so I backported the important fixes from the diff in
> 1.2.10-2+squeeze1 instead.

Okay.  I've just approved 1.2.10-2+squeeze1, so it should migrate during
the next britney run (in a couple of hours).

Regards,

Adam