Please allow postgresql-common 111 into squeeze

Hello release team,

I just uploaded postgresql-common 111 to fix two release critical bugs

and a failure to configure in some corner cases

The fix for #597097 touches real code, but I added a test case for the
bug, and the new version still passes all the > 1000 test cases, so
I'm very confident that it does not introduce regressions.

Fixes for #597654 and #597561 are rather straightforward packaging
changes.

If you want to look at the particular changes, they are in r1024 to
r1028 in

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pitti/postgresql/common/changes

Unfortunately I made a typo in the changelog, init script priorities
were fixed to S19, not to S29. The actual preinst script has it
correct, though, and I retroactively fixed the changelog in r1029.

Please unblock this for testing migration.

Thank you for considering!

Martin

postgresql-common (111) unstable; urgency=high

  * Urgency high since this fixes two RC bugs.
  * t/030_errors.t: Check that pg_createcluster leaves the original one intact
    if the cluster already exists, also when the original one is not running.
    This reproduces #597097.
  * pg_createcluster: Be more careful with cleaning up the created cluster if
    an error occurs: Do not start the cleanup until we actually passed our
    sanity checks and created files for the new cluster. Before, it would
    erroneously remove an already existing cluster on a sanity check fail, if
    that cluster happened to not be running at the time. (Closes: #597097)
  * debian/supported-versions: Be more robust against lsb_release failing, e.
    g. in the case where it is not fully configured yet. (Closes: #597561)
  * debian/supported-versions: Drop check for /etc/debian_version if
    lsb_release is not working/existing. Derivatives have debian_version as
    well, and we don't actually evaluate it, so just print a meaningful error
    message and go with the default versions.
  * debian/rules: Put init script priority back to S29/K21 to match the
    debian/postgresql-common.preinst. (Closes: #597654)

 -- Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>  Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:04:00 +0200