Re: OpenTTD in Squeeze

Hello again,

On 29/08/10 19:33, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Hi, sorry for the delay,
No problem, thanks for taking the time to look into this :-)

>> [Request to update openttd, openttd-msx, grfcodec and nforenum into
>> Squeeze]
> If the amount of changes isn't very different from the ones quoted in
> your mail, that should be possible.  It'd be better to have it as early
> as possible, but I'd say if the package was ready to move to testing
> (i.e. 10 days old in unstable) by the end of september that would be ok,
> I think.
OpenTTD 1.0.4 has been released on the 14th of September and it has been
accepted into unstable on the same day. All architectures did build
thanks to the release of 1.0.4~rc1 into experimental which found a bug in
GRFCodec.

The reduced diffstat that has been shown in the previous email has grown
(quite) a bit (50%) due to some more backported bug fixes and primarily
updates of the "release" documentation such as changelog and known-bugs.

The upstream diff is up for review at [2]. You'll notice a Debian changelog at
the top of that diff, but that is from upstream and used for their Debian
binaries (path is os/debian and not debian). Language updates and the
new graphics "source files" source files have been left out of this
diff.

The statistics for this upstream 1.0.3->1.0.4 diff has become:
 72 files changed, 1028 insertions(+), 475 deletions(-) [1]

At [3] you'll see the Debian part of the debdiff. The diffstat of this diff:

>> - would you allow openttd-openmsx to migrate to Squeeze
>> - would you allow nforenum 4.0.0 to migrate to Squeeze
>> - would you allow grfcodec 1.0.0 to migrate to Squeeze
> If they're ready to move to testing at the same time as openttd I'll
> consider them together.
All these packages are ready for transition into Squeeze. The first,
openttd-openmsx, is a new package and as such there is no debdiff.

For both nforenum and grfcodec there is a slight problem with the
upstream tarballs; they contain one file twice, causing problems in the
archive. As a result they are repackaged (hence the +debian1 in the
upstream version).

The upstream diffs [4,5] were provided last time. A big part of the diffs
of the debian directory [6,7] are removal of manpages that are now part
of the upstream package and changes due to the upstream package picking
up some patches to the Makefiles from Debian and other distros. For
grfcodec there is also a patch to fix the detection of endianness at
compile time. You'll need the fixed grfcodec to compile OpenTTD 1.0.4
on at least s390. The respective grfcodec and nforenum Debian directory
are diffstats:
  9 files changed,  39 insertions(+),  71 deletions(-)

Once again, thanks in advance for your efforts in helping a better
version of OpenTTD and related packages enter Squeeze.

All patches and full diffstats from this email and the previous email
can be found at http://devs.openttd.org/~rubidium/debian/

Regards,

Matthijs Kooijman and Remko Bijker

[1] http://devs.openttd.org/~rubidium/debian/openttd_1.0.3-1.0.4-no_lang_or_grf.diffstat.txt