Re: Freeze exception for Ampache

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 14:33 -0500, Charlie Smotherman wrote:
>> On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 20:30 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> I have applied the changes you have suggested.  Thx :)
>> I have tried to keep changes to a minimum but after release I plan to
>> use a state engine for the debconf questions so if the answers to the
>> questions is no the installation will exit gracefully.
>
> The postrm fix appears to be missing the final "fi"; the indentation's
> now also confusing, but that's possibly my fault for providing a diff
> which didn't re-indent to make it clearer where the changes were.

Done, Inserted missing "fi'.
Done, I went ahead and fixed the indentation throughout the entire
postrm, sorry for the noise in the diff.

>> > fwiw, I also found the wording of the "configure and restart the web
>> > server" question slightly confusing, as it suggests that the
>> > configuration will be performed in any case and only the restarting will
>> > not be done automatically.
>>
>> What would you suggest?
>> Is it to late in the release cycle to request this from the translation
>> team or should this wait until after release?
>
> Reading it through again it's not quite as confusing as I remember. :)
> It would be good to make it clearer, but I'm not sure there's any great
> rush.

I will work on this to make it clearer in squeeze +1.

I will also be adding  a debconf template stating that the webserver
is not configured for ampache and that it needs to be done manually,
and exit gracefully if the answer to the debconf
ampache/webserver_restart question is "no", for squeeze +1.

Attached is a debdiff of the changes.

The new package can be grabbed at

http://vollmer.kicks-ass.net/amp/ampache_3.5.4-8.dsc

Best regards