Re: stable proposed update: ser2net, fixing #535159

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 22:50 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> please review the attached patch against ser2net for inclusion in the
> next stable point release. It is supposed to fix #535159, which I
> don't understand zilch, so I applied it verbatim.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Looking at the code, only the changes in the third hunk (around line
583) actually appear to make any practical difference; the others
shouldn't hurt though, for a "belt and braces" approach.

In terms of a stable update, we prefer not to change or introduce patch
systems so the changes should be applied directly via the .diff.gz.  One
also assumes that the copy of config.log from an aborted run was not
intended to be included. :-)

Regards,

Adam