Re: RM: nvidia-xconfig/testing [ia64] -- ANAIS; not useful on ia64

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 14:53 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> nvidia-xconfig is an X configuration utility that generates a
> configuration file specifically for the proprietary non-free NVIDIA X
> drivers.  Since upstream only releases these drivers for i386 and amd64,
> it's pointless to build this package on any other architecture.
>
> Could you please remove the old ia64 build of this package from testing?

britney doesn't support partial removals from testing (they generally
wouldn't help anyway as e.g. out-of-date checks are relative to
unstable, not testing); this is generally achieved by ftp-master
removing the old binary from unstable and the effect automagically
propagating to testing.

ftp-master: Please remove nvidia-xconfig_1.0+20080522-2/ia64 from
unstable

(I suspect they may want you to file a bug though).

Regards,

Adam