unblock request for sisu 2.6.3-5 (bug fix #596736 for Squeeze)

Please unblock sisu 2.6.3-5, which contains a bug fix #596736 for Squeeze.

Two files have been touched in 2.6.3-5 (apart from resulting document updates)

* lib/sisu/v2/epub_format.rb

  fixing bug #596736, which can be summarized as follows: where a markup source
  file contains metadata related to rights (copyright; license) the resulting
  epub contains unclosed xhtml line-breaks (<br>) with the result that the epub
  document renders in some e-pub readers (e.g. calibre) but not in others (e.g.
  fbreader, okular).

  [apart from the epubs being unreadable in some circumstances, the user
  solution to the problem is unattractive, that being to omit license, copyright
  information (metadata) from the document]

* lib/sisu/v2/options.rb
  using boilerplate code (the existing system in place) to add to the list of
  long-options (without having to implement code)

SiSU produces multiple output formats, one of which is EPUB.

(I am upstream for sisu (the development has likewise been frozen since the
Debian freeze to ensure a stable sisu version release with Squeeze)).

For the convenience of the Release Team I append as accompanying notes the
debian/changelog and the bug report.

Thank you,
Ralph

P.S. This is the second unblock request on the package sisu after the freeze.
The first was granted  by Julien Cristau (for which thanks, and who also dealt
with an unblock request on a sister package "sisu-markup-samples"), to whom I
copy this unblock request.

*- debian/changelog -*

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sisu/current/changelog#versionversion2.6.3-5

sisu (2.6.3-5) unstable; urgency=medium

  [ Ralph Amissah ] - debian freeze, code fix, (boilerplate code addition)
  * epub, fix xhtml line-break in rights metadata, results in unreadable epub
    (Closes: #596736) epub output not readable by all epub-reader software (else
    epub output can be viewed in calibre, but not in fbreader or okular)
  * options, add expressive options "--[name]" as alternative to flags "-[x]"
    (boilerplate addition)

 -- Ralph Amissah <ralph@amissah.com>  Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:27:11 -0400

*- Bug Report #596736 -*

Package: sisu
Version: 2.6.3-4
Severity: important
Tags: upstream

*** Please type your report below this line ***

sisu epub output for certain content works in some epub readers (found on
debian) but not in others. The epub generated on for example in the markup
sample provided:
free_as_in_freedom.richard_stallman_crusade_for_free_software.sam_williams.sst

 sisu -ev \
 free_as_in_freedom.richard_stallman_crusade_for_free_software.sam_williams.sst

can be viewed in calibre, but not in either fbreader or okular

It appears that some epub readers are more demanding about the xhtml they
render. The cause of the problem appears to be an un-escaped line break
(<br> instead of a <br />) once this has been corrected epub documents
generated can be read by the epub readers tested.

The un-escaped occurs in sisu metadata, which is apparently not properly xhtml
"sanitized". More specifically the library param.rb sets line-breaks on
metadata in relation to rights, which epub does not properly mark-up. (with the
result that, calibre reads it without problem; fbreader fails to open it;
okular crashes!)

(this brought to my attention, I report against the package for which I am also
upstream)

A patch will follow (2.6.3-5) together with an unblock request for Squeeze.

SiSU produces multiple outputs, one of which is EPUB.