Re: libesmtp6 in unstable

On 09/10/2010 12:46 PM, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I noticed that libesmtp 1.0.6 introduces a new major SONAME version in
> unstable (libesmtp6 compared to libesmtp5 in Squeeze). Are there any
> plans to get that into Squeeze? I haven't found any discussions about
> that on -release and since that's a new upstream version, this is quite
> unlikely to happen (not to say: mostly impossible) anyway since Squeeze
> is frozen. That makes the upload kinda unfortunate, though, as it
> basically makes it impossible to get any reverse deps into Squeeze
> through unstable, but I might just have missed something.
>
> TIA,
> Sebastian

	With the ABI change and the upstream release coming so close to the
Squeeze freeze being announced I have no expectation of 1.0.6-1 making
it into Squeeze for release. I had already made the 1.0.4-5 upload in
late July to address existing CVE issues that remained so the version in
Squeeze now is free of known security issues at this time.

	Regards,
	Jeremy