Re: another two freez exceptions for texlive-base and texlice-extra

Hi Julien, hi all,

On Sa, 11 Sep 2010, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > texlive-extra 2009-10
> >
> >   * add the forgotten epoch for musixtex dependency (Closes: #587746)
> >
> > This chnage is trivail, it only adds the forgotten epco to musixtex
> > dependency, which was not included in the upload before. It is not
> > aserious issue, since there are no other musixtex packages around
> > anyway.
> >
> If there's likely to be other changes before release I'd rather defer
> this.  Otherwise go ahead.

Currently I have nothing in the queue, but if you want I can still wait
a bit.

> > texlive-base 2009-11
> >
> >    * texlive-base conflict with texlive-base-bin-doc to get it removed
> >      (Closes: #589205)
> >    * avoid unneeded 10texlive-base.cnfpre-edit files in /etc/texmf/fmt.d,
> >      thanks Jörg-Volker Peetz (Closes: #584950)
> >
> > The first item is harmless, more important is the second.
> >
> I don't understand the rationale for the first item.  If the old package
> is not doing any actual harm then conflicting with it isn't necessary.

Yes that is true, but it duplicates information in a way that one might
believe there is telxive-base-bin and the binaries. The very same docs
are shipped now in different packages, so yes, in principle it should
not harm, but we did it for cleaning up the upgrade 2007->2009.

If you prefer I can revert it.

> > The code in the texlive-base.postinst in the *current* version in testing
> > now unconditionally edits texlive-base.cnf in place creating a backup
> > file
> >         /etc/texmf/fmt.d/texlive-base.cnfpre-edit
> > even if no changes were necessary (i.e., when you have not upgraded all
> > the way from etch).
> >
> > The change in this package no protects this in place editing with
> > a check whether the actual target line really occurs.
> >
> Sounds ok.

Thanks.

So I wait for your suggestion regarding the above two points (wait with
texlive-extra, revert the conflict) and will upload.

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

BOOK	What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground
	underneath a giant boulder you can't move, with no hope of
	rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to
	you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so
	far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely,
	consider how lucky you are that it won't be troubling you much
	longer.
                 --- Comforting advice for Ford and Arthur in this current
                 --- situation, Fit the Eighth.