Re: two versions of bzr-rebase in testing ?

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 23:05 +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> bzr-rebase |    0.3-1.1 |        stable | source, all
> bzr-rebase |    0.5.5-1 |       testing | source        <===
> bzr-rebase |    0.5.5-1 |      unstable | source, all
> bzr-rebase |    0.6.0-1 |       testing | all           <===
> bzr-rebase |    0.6.1-1 |      unstable | all
>
> There is a problem with testing, right? bzr-rebase did change its
> source package between the two versions.

It's not a problem.  It's just that, as you've identified, the
bzr-rebase binary package which used to be produced by the source
package of the same name is now produced by the bzr-rewrite source
package.

Usually this would automagically fix itself by the maintainer requesting
the removal of the old source package from unstable, and that
propagating to testing.

> Concerning unstable I have send email to the maintainers, and let them
> file a bug against ftp.debian.org.

Thanks; in the meantime, I've added a removal hint for the old version.

Regards,

Adam