Re: Freeze exception for the python-tornado package

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 10:07:04PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > It would allow the "bup" package to get
> > rid of a embedded python-tornado library and to depend on the new
> > python-tornado package, which is a cleaner situation.

It is my intention (bup maintainer - hello!) to request a freeze exception to
bup, pending decision on this one.  There will be a painful change to backup
format between bup-in-testing as it stands, and present day bup, which I want
to prevent exposing Debian users to. I haven't yet decided whether to request
removal of the current version of bup from testing yet.

Note that neither python-tornado nor bup existed in lenny.

> It's also quite a large debdiff for a package which has only ever had
> one other upload:
>
>  141 files changed, 1969 insertions(+), 37871 deletions(-)
>
> 0.2 -> 1.0.1 seems a large jump to be making during freeze. :-/

I asked debian-python whether they would be requesting a freeze exception for
python-tornado, and was told that this freeze exception was going to be requested:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2010/09/msg00008.html>
Additionally, quoting Piotr:

--
Jon Dowland