Bug #580383: Please unblock php-xml-parser

Hi,

My last upload removes the use of a deprecated "return value of new by
reference". Please unblock php-xml-parser to have the issue fixed.

Note that I'm preparing other fixes of the same kind that I already
spotted (namely, for libnusoap-php (that I will adopt since there's an
RFA after I pissed off the current maintainer that didn't like my bug
reports) and php-xml-serializer (I will NMU as the maintainer agreed)),
that are fixes for the recent PHP 5.3.x in Squeeze. I hope to be able to
fix a lot of deprecated calls, so that PHP wont print ugly warnings all
the time. I would have like to be able to do a search on all the archive
for such deprecated calls. See the list of deprecation here:

http://php.net/manual/en/migration53.deprecated.php

What would be the best way to do a mass check for such calls, in order
to fix them before the release?

I think I have read somewhere that the release team would do an
interdiff and that I shouldn't attach it. As I'm not sure of what I've
read (or not), I still attached one to this message, please let me know
what I should do for the next requests.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)