Re: Question - is there an automatic unblock for fixed RC bugs?

On Mon, Sep  6, 2010 at 11:21:49 +0200, Iustin Pop wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I did a NMU and a QA upload two weeks ago, both fixing an RC bug, and
> today I wanted to send the request for unblocking these.
>
> However—lo and behold—both were unblocked over the weekend. Was this an
> automatic unblock, because RC bugs were fixed, or a manual one? I'm just
> curious, to understand how the freeze exceptions work, that's all—I
> don't complain about the unblocks!
>
> The packages in question are localpurge and qtparted.

It's manual, somebody notices an RC bug fix in unstable and adds an
exception.  So in general it's better to file a request for unblock when
you fix a bug to make sure it gets in.  Or check with grep-excuses a few
days later.

Cheers,
Julien